Tokusatsu Thread (Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman and the likes)

trashboat

Professionally Depressed
I completely missed Dino Force Brave coming out. (And for some reason TV-Nihon has it in both Korean and Japanese)
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
Not sure if this really fits here, but with what it is it seems like it counts as toku.  
So Saint Seiya is getting a live-action movie made, a “Hollywood” movie.  
But the odd thing is it’s some Japanese media calling it “the Hollywood Saint Seiya”, the director connected is is Tomasz Bagiński(Polish), Yoshiki Ikezama as producer, Kozo Morishita as executive producer, and the companies Toei(of course) and Chinese distribution company ARGF(A Really Good Film), there is nothing that seems to connect to Hollywood or even America.
Phantom Rider
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You are already booped.
Ex-Aid continues to be the most awesome thing they’ve done in quite some time and I’m already wishing we could get a season two instead of whatever follows because there’s no way it could stand up. Though it’d be nice if Poppy got to suit up more often. (Hmm, is it too soon to start wondering what the next Rider series will be like?)

And I forget if I asked it before (I’ve asked it somewhere, don’t remember where) but is Amazons any good?

@Prof.NightJack  
I just love that there’s a company called ARGF that stands for “a really good film.”

And maybe they talk about any non-Japanese production as if it was American the same way a lot of Americans refer to some very not-Japanese things as ‘anime’ (Code Lyoko is from France, people! Geez.)
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@Phantom Rider  
I got a little behind on season 2 but yes, Amazons is good.

But the thing with the Saint Seiya moving being called a “Hollywood” movie is it’s being reported most places I see as such and not pointed out how it seems it’s just what Japanese media is calling it, leading to a lot of comments about how it’s going to have the same problems we see with Hollywood adaptations before, so people are shitting on it for something that might not be remotely true.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@Phantom Rider  
Other then how I think they pushed the monster a little too much(it wasn’t bad but at time distracted for other things), i LOVED how it works the humor into it.

Also, rememebr Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog?
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Prof.NightJack

Yes… And every time I remember it, I feel sad again because it never got a proper full series DVD release or Netflix release except in like, Germany or some shit.

I barely even saw any of it as a kid, and I’d LOVE a chance to revisit it.
Dex Stewart
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Jarkes  
Germany only got a few episodes,and they were German dub only.I don’t know what it means when Los Luchadores is all out in English and Mystic Knights isn’t.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Dex Stewart

>Los Luchadores is all out in English

Wait, really? First I ever heard about that…

Does that show count as “Ameritoku” (as people often call stuff like Power Rangers, Beetleborgs, VR Troopers, etc.)?
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@Jarkes  
From what I understand it was somewhere in Europe it got released fully on a number of dvds in English.  
And it was hard to find when it was in print.  
Mostly know from how it actully got that treatment when other things had not at the time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide