Tokusatsu Thread (Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman and the likes)

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@OptimusPrimevil

Yeah, the Power Dizer, a.k.a the obligatory “Thing that was important in the early episodes only to more or less vanish after episode 14 or so with only sporadic appearances later because CGI budget” that a lot of Rider shows seem to have. (Poor Captain Ghost…)
OptimusPrimevil
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Jarkes  
speaking of cgi, how bad is it when instead of doing practical effects they go for the cgi route?

let’s say having a fire extinguisher scene but instead of actually using it, they CGI the foam spray.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@OptimusPrimevil

Honestly, it does kind of annoy me when people go, “It MUST be practical”. I mean, I love practical effects too, but the way some of these people act it’s like they think there’s something inherently wrong with CGI and it should never ever be used.
OptimusPrimevil
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Jarkes  
i guess it depends on the situation. like i said, the scene calls for a fire extinguisher being used and instead of actually using the actual thing, they CG’ed the foam. which would’ve probably saved time and money.

then again the other complaint is how CHEAP the production budget is (buying cheap plastic toy guns for bad guy props. and not even the realistic ones) so using it might actually be the more expensive way somehow.
apegacine
Since the Beginning  -

I do like CGi effects that are stylish and/or colorful like drive’s or ex-aid’s(from what was shown). but practical effects are good when they can do it.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Reminder that the main villain of Juspion is literally named Satan Goth and looks like Darth Vader.
apegacine
Since the Beginning  -

Are there any good subs for gekiranger?  
I heard that the ones on kissasian aren’t all that good.

Apparently there are problems with translating the sounds that Jan uses.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Prof.NightJack

A new group called Excite Subs is going to be doing it. They have a Wordpress account and a Twitter account.

And dear LORD, the sheer level of salt over on 4chan regarding Over-Time not doing this show is hilarious. And rather sad.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@Jarkes  
I just don’t get why they are posting the raws on the site if they are not going to sub it, it’s like they are teasing us.  
If they don’t want to sub it then I’m okay with that but don’t post things you are not going to do anything with.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Prof.NightJack

Because they’ve always posted the raws for the current shows on their site even when they’re not subbing it. They did it with Gaim and they’re doing it with this.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Prof.NightJack

Some people watching the shows are actually fluent in Japanese, and thus will sometimes watch the show without subs. Therefore, someone needs to provide the raw files, and then later the script files can be patched into the video for those who want to watch it with subs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide