Subjects of Equestria! We are pleased to kick off the Nightmare Night Festivities and the 14th anniversary of the return of our beloved Princess Luna! Join us in celebration!

Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

To finish the final month of the campaign, Donald Trump is focusing solely on solid blue states Biden won by double digits in 2020. In addition to Coachella, CA, he will be visiting New York City, Illinois, and Colorado.
To quote columnist Jamelle Bouie: “everything the trump campaign says its doing — trying to turn out secret trump supporters and campaigning in places he can’t win — looks and sounds like the actions of a losing campaign”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I’ve been saying for a year now that Biden v Trump 2.0 would be a referendum on both people’s popularity. It’s not like either has to campaign after all, they already did so 4 years ago.
Harris replacing Biden threw a wrench into that comparison, but Trump is definitely still banking on his name recognition being enough to do all the work the sloth-ridden landwhale won’t.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Due to the mainstreaming of conspiracy theories, the normalization of ignorance, and the increasing anti-intellectualism in American society, meteorologists are now finding themselves pulling double duty factchecking misinformation that comes out far faster than they can address it all, and many are now facing threats from people who think the government is manipulating the weather.
This hurricane season, Cappucci and the other meteorologists I spoke with say, conspiracy theories have been flooding their inboxes. The main one that people have seemed to latch onto is the accusation that the government can control the weather. This theory seems to be amplified with climate change creating worsening storms combined with a tense election year, and the vitriol is being directed at meteorologists. “I’ve been doing this for 46 years and it’s never been like this,” says Alabama meteorologist James Spann. He says he’s been “inundated” with misinformation and threatening messages like “Stop lying about the government controlling the weather or else.”
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
In tonight’s AZ Senate debate, Kari Lake claimed she supports protecting “UVF”, when she should’ve said IVF.
The UVF is the Ulster Volunteer Forces, an anti-Catholic paramilitary terrorist group seeking to keep Northern Ireland as part of the UK.
Background Pony #7DC6
@BlitztheDragon
This isn’t surprising. It’s a election year.
But the fact that the forecasters are getting death threats? 🤦
Also, at this point, politicians politicizing conspiracy theories is really gonna make things worse for the forecasters.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball has downgraded the Indiana gubernatorial election from Safe GOP to Likely GOP, putting it on the fringes of the playing field.
Incumbent Eric Holcomb is term-limited, and Senator Mike Braun is running to succeed him. The GOP’s base went against his and Trump’s wishes by nominating Micah Beckwith - a total whackjob who openly identifies as a “Christian nationalist” - for Lt. Governor. Indiana Democrats are now trying to make Beckwith the face of the GOP ticket, and are themselves running Jennifer McCormick, an ex-Republican Superintendent of Schools as their candidate.
Further complicating matters is Libertarian candidate Donald Rainwater, who performed unusually well in the 2020 gubernatorial election with 11.4% of the vote (mostly campaigning against Holcomb’s COVID response). He seems set to do well again this year, and with a stronger Democratic operation than last time, is likely to sap votes from Braun.
Granted, Braun should still win without too much trouble, but it’s significant given just how Republican Indiana is.
Background Pony #A1E3
Never thought I’d see the “too dumb to live” trope play out so literally in real life, but with all this nonsense in the face of an oncoming Category 5 hurricane, I guess the covid pandemic a few years ago wasn’t quite enough for natural selection to do its thing…
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The Kamala campaign had a WoW streamer on at a rally.
Preheat, WoWs preeminent Mage player and member of one of the top guilds, Liquid, was hosted on Kamala’s Twitch and Discord during a Walz rally.
Not sure what he was doing, probably streaming Arenas like he does when they’re not raiding, but he provided commentary and banter.
It marks the first time WoW has been featured in a presidential campaign.
Background Pony #D717
Fingers crossed the voting numbers are in Harris’s favor to offset the Muslim and leftist numbers in swing states.
God, these idiots want Hillary 2.0 so badly.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Funny you should mention this, as just now I came across this post in my feed.
The internet has cooked a lot of people’s brains to the point that they no longer can distinguish the difference between not doing enough to make things better, and actively trying to make things worse on purpose. Those are not the same things.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

No big company cares about anything besides maximizing shareholder value. They may pay lip service to other things, but only in service of that end goal.
So I would put most if not all corporate execs in the second camp, as monopolies, rentseeking, and enshittification are increasingly the rule for everything in late stage capitalism.
Background Pony #D717
@BlitztheDragon
Right, but good luck trying to split the hairs about genocide.
Still amazes me how they’re thinking that “washing their hands of Palestinian blood” is actually going to stop anything. They’re just now going to be bystanders watching on as Bibi thanks them for being that stupid.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide