Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
There it is. Putler is claiming Ukraine aided the terrorists in getting in and out of the country. Who didn’t see that coming? Gotta’ take advantage of a tragedy.
Meanwhile:
Posted Report
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
@CaptainXtra
that sorta depends on how importent they think trump is, cuase currently if i were such a position that fact that least one state party has gone bankrup due to all of the RNC’s funds going to trump’s cases (not to mention what their finaces be like in say 7 months or so) i would rather save the effort for the next guy. Espically since putin’s war against ukraine is doing the opposite of well. As in, awful. Maybe its gone better for russia, idk, but ukraine is the best military in russia right now.
This is all comes from rumors/unverified mumblings so take it with a grain of slat:
I’ve heard word about Trump’s Social Media platform being merged with/purchased by some Chinese Tech Firm or something along those lines with a hefty payout of somewhere in the hundred millions to possibly billions down the line.
How much of that will actually go to Trump directly, IDK?
Don’t know what the origin of these ramblings are but I’ll try to find an article that confirms or debunks this claim.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Truth Social, Trump’s Twitter ripoff, is set to go publicly traded in the coming days. This move will apparently earn Trump $3 billion, despite the fact that Truth Social only generates some $5 million a year but costing some $30 million a year.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
As far as I understand it, it’s the standard tech company rug-pull. Start up a new business in the tech industry, create the shittiest product possible in order to compete in said shitty-product industry, get bought out by a mega-corporation looking to maintain their monopoly on shittiness, swim in your Scrooge McDuck money piles.
Now there’s the elephant in the room that is how this effects Trump’s upcoming half a billion NY fine. As I still understand it, Trump has until Monday to pay the fine. If he doesn’t, his properties will begin getting seized by Tuesday. It’s unlikely for the buyout/merger to happen in time for him to pay it, let alone for Trump to get paid for the deal, so he’s likely to still lose his properties unless someone else comes to Trump’s rescue. But he will still end up seeing his fortune doubled anyway, this time in liquid assets rather than it being all tied up in real estate.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Yeah, it was one of the demands of the GOP to avert a shutdown. Joe “I’ve got your back” Biden also agreed to ban the flying of pride flags at US embassies. Took him just two weeks after the State of the Union address.
A LOT of my queer friends absolutely hate his guts for it, and have not seen any sort of help or relief against the GOP onslaught under his administration, which is why they don’t plan on voting for him. I myself am not in that boat since my state was decided by a sliver-thin margin, but if they’re in a solid red or blue state where their vote won’t tip the scales, I told them they’re excused from voting Biden.
Posted Report
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
It will take months or even years before he actually sees any real, liquid assets from the public merger.
Right now it will be all trapped in options.
And, keep in mind, if the company ends up tanking in value, those options could end up being devalued.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
As has been since the beginning, the Georgia case is the only one that would have any real consequences.
The hush money and fraud trials? Were always going to just be fines. And as we just saw, that was never going to really inconvenient Trump. The stolen national and nuclear secrets? That was a lost cause the moment Judge Cannon was assigned to it.
But Georgia prosecuting him under Rico Law means a mandatory jail sentence. No slapping a billionaire with a pittance of a fine, actual behind bars time.
Posted Report
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Truth Social, Trump’s Twitter ripoff, is set to go publicly traded in the coming days. This move will apparently earn Trump $3 billion, despite the fact that Truth Social only generates some $5 million a year but costing some $30 million a year.
If there ever is a time for me to get into the stock market it’s now because this stock is low hanging fruit to be shorted to hell and back
Posted Report
Background Pony #FAA3
Yeah, it was one of the demands of the GOP to avert a shutdown. Joe “I’ve got your back” Biden also agreed to ban the flying of pride flags at US embassies. Took him just two weeks after the State of the Union address.
A LOT of my queer friends absolutely hate his guts for it, and have not seen any sort of help or relief against the GOP onslaught under his administration, which is why they don’t plan on voting for him. I myself am not in that boat since my state was decided by a sliver-thin margin, but if they’re in a solid red or blue state where their vote won’t tip the scales, I told them they’re excused from voting Biden.
I have to be honest, I think that’s an astonishingly unfair read of this situation. I mean, Biden does have stuff he can do (and has done), but he can’t just make new laws on his own to help out here. Any sort of legislative action would have to go through the House and Senate, and given that one of those two is more or less run by vehemently outspoken anti-LGBTQ+ Republicans, there’s basically no chance of that happening.
And as for the embassy flag thing, are you unaware that Democrats defeated more than 40 Republican added policy riders in the original version that targeted LGBTQ+ individuals?
One policy rider proposed for the Food and Drug Administration would have defunded any hospital that “distributes, sells, or otherwise uses drugs that disrupt the onset of puberty or sexual development for those under 18,” a measure targeting not only transgender youth but also those experiencing precocious puberty. Another rider sought to bar any government funding toward “surgical procedures or hormone therapy for the purposes of gender-affirming care” in the Department of Health and Human Services. This move would have significantly impacted private and subsidized insurance in the Healthcare Marketplace. It also aimed to bar the enforcement of President Biden’s executive order titled “Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity,” which broadened anti-discrimination protections for transgender individuals. Additional riders included bans on funding for any organization that “promotes transgenderism,” Title IX protections for transgender youth, bans on legal challenges against states over anti-LGBTQ+ laws, book bans, DEI bans, and more. In total, over 40 riders were proposed and negotiated in the spending bills. None of these were found in the final bill.
News of the defeat of the most impactful anti-trans and anti-LGBTQ+ riders comes after a significant push from Equality Caucus Democrats and the Biden Administration against the riders.
As for the single remaining item that did pass, it sounds like it might not be all that effective anyway.
The single anti-LGBTQ+ provision remaining in the bill prevents Pride flags from being flown over U.S. embassies in foreign countries, something that embassies can creatively work around.
While the bill bans rainbow Pride flags from being flown above foreign U.S. embassies, Reed noted that “In the past, some embassies have gotten around such bans by not ‘flying a flag over the embassy’ but rather painting portions of the embassy in rainbow colors or draping flags on the side of buildings.”
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide