Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
Colorado ignores write-in votes unless they’re for a declared write-in candidate. You have to submit an affidavit of intent saying that you’re running and that you’re qualified to run. Which, in light of this latest ruling, Trump can’t do without committing perjury.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I don’t know how many times I had to explain to someone what a “Write-in candidate” is.
Even if he was taken off the ballot in every state and Fox News et al spent every day up until election explaining what a Write-In is, he’d still be lucky to get some 20 million votes.
Speaking of, Trump is assuredly going to appeal this to the SCOTUS. However Colorado has until Jan 5 to ratify their primary ballots.
This deadline puts a few things into perspective. Assuming there isn’t any late changes to ballots, any future eligibility cases have until their respective state’s deadlines to do it in. I’m not sure if there are in fact any other states trying to take either Trump or Biden off the ballot, but at least in Colorado Trump has only 17 days for the SCOTUS to reverse this decision.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Dustcan
I don’t know how the SCOTUS has anything to say about it. The Colorado decision concerns their state party’s primary. And the presidential primary is not a Federal concern. It’s not even in the Constitution.
There isn’t even any requirement for states to hold primaries. Some have caucuses which are entirely run by the parties. And if the parties don’t need it, then they simply do not. And even in those states that do hold presidential preference primaries, parties always have the option of not even participating. And if they have no need of it, they do not.
How Colorado handles its primary is none of the Federal Government’s business. It never was.
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Constant Lurker
@Ciaran
The decision cited part of the constitution for its’ ruling. Interpretation of federal laws are the authority of the Supreme Court.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@Natry
Yep
Most likely/sensible ruling is that SCOTUS rules that Trump can be disqualified but only after being criminally convicted
Second most likely ruling is SCOTUS throwing the whole thing out of some semantics surronding the word “officer”
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Natry
State primaries are not about federal laws.
And this Colorado Supreme Court ruling has its own weirdness to it, although at this point it is moot.
For example, state parties can put anyone it wants on its primary ballot. So it shouldn’t even have been at their state Supreme Court.
And the 14th forbids anyone who “engaged in insurrection” from holding office - not running for it. So how is it being used by a state’s Supreme Court from keeping him off of a party’s preference primary?
None of this makes any sense.
It is still hilarious.
But none of it makes any sense at all.
Update: Ah. It is because the Colorado Election Code forbids someone who is ineligible for an office from being listed as a candidate for the office. That’s why their Supreme Court had a foot in the ring.
Background Pony #D717
@Commune
And there’s my concern. If this just gets tossed out/ ruled against, it’s more than likely going to galvanize the right like crazy.
Background Pony #F70C
@Ciaran
I believe this would be a case of you can’t run if you aren’t qualified to hold the office, since they decided he can’t hold the office he can’t waste taxpayer money running for it,
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #D717
The right foams at the mouth if someone tells them “happy holidays.” They deserve this for supporting and protecting someone who tried to overthrow democracy and replace it with themselves as a dictator.
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
The Colorado Republican’s twitter account said if the ruling stands they’ll just convert to a caucus. Apparently since a caucus is done internally rather than an election, Colorado won’t be able to stop the Republicans from choosing Trump.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Natry
Caucuses are entirely run by the parties. It’s like a high school student president election then.
Most states require that public facilities be rented to the parties holding a caucus (or an independent primary) at the lowest available rate. So - they’re not publicly “funded” per se, but they are “publicly advantaged” - they get the special rate.
I don’t know the details of Colorado’s primary election rules - the statute itself seems to be enormous - but it seems that they (like some other states) use the Primary as a state-run opportunity to deal with other kinds of voting, including local offices and policies, funding questions, things like that. So how things get added to the state-run primary can be under the control of the state instead of the parties.
It’s kind of like how the candidate chosen by the party (whether they follow the voters preference in the Presidential Preference caucus or election, or just pick someone themselves and ignore the voters) is automagically added to the presidential election in November.
The election process in the USA is deeply fascinating, and some parts of it are vastly misunderstood.
Like, you only need to fill out one form and send a fee to the SEC and BANG you’re a political party. If I recall correctly, the minimum number of people required to create a national level political party in the USA is 3 people. So, like, the Republican Party is a thing that’s owned by just a couple handfuls of people who literally can just pick whatever candidate they want - there’s no legal requirement that they pick the candidate chosen by the primaries - that’s why they’re called “Preference” primaries. Not “Actual this becomes the candidate” elections. And you don’t even have to pay the fee to the SEC until you gather $50,000 in donations. So - you can party it up until you get $49,999 and then just shut it down, take your beer money, and Bob’s yer uncle.
In 2020 I and some friends created “The Fun Party” just to see how the process works. Some other friends created the “NoBama2020” party.
It was probably the best board game we played that year.
In terms of donations, the NoBama2020 party won. They actually had hundreds of Facebook profiles selling bumperstickers to rubes who for some reason thought Obama could even run in 2020.
All of The Fun Party’s donations went to whiskey and bespoke artisanal pizzas. The NoBama2020 party did not wish to discuss how they distributed their funds, but I suspect everything after costs went to Bernie Sanders.
Ah, Americans. So easily separated from their money.
And their democracy, it seems.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
We’ve had a noticeable uptick in threats made against the federal facility I work at.
Gee, I wonder which fat orange blob might be behind the sudden surge…
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Vivek Rhamaswamy, the 2nd/3rd/4th place Republican candidate (it really depends on the day) just announced he intends to drop out off the Colorado ticket after they barred Trump and insists that Haley, DeSantis and Christie do the same.
You know I initially dismissed this ChatGPT bot during the debates but he actually has some good ideas.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Stanford Internet Observatory has published a study finding that LAION, one of the largest AI image databases used to train AI image generation, has more than 3,200 instances of child sex abuse imagery. They warn that the AI’s training on these materials will make it easier than ever to generate simulated child sex abuse media, including what we here on the boorus would call “nude alts” of real photos of clothed children.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@BlitztheDragon
Fucked up that the images are in the database (and they’re now purged, mind), but in regards to creating “fake CP”, irrelevant. AI models can easily produce fake CP if the training set/sets have 100% normal images of adult nude women and 100% normal images of kids (for proportions), or just 100% legal (in the US) lolicon stuff.
It’s the same principle as how it can create a photorealistic image of optimus prime made entirely of spaghetti and gummy bears.
Background Pony #C421
AI models can easily produce fake CP if the training set/sets have 100% normal images of adult nude women and 100% normal images of kids (for proportions), or just 100% legal (in the US) lolicon stuff.
All the more reason to get rid of them entirely.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
So uh, some disturbing reports coming out of Gaza city as allegations of the IDF executing 11 civilian men Srbrenica style
According to witness accounts circulated by media sources and Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor, while in control of the building and the civilians sheltering there, the IDF allegedly separated the men from the women and children, and then shot and killed at least 11 of the men, mostly aged in their late 20’s and early 30’s, in front of their family members. The IDF then allegedly ordered the women and children into a room, and either shot at them or threw a grenade into the room, reportedly seriously injuring some of them, including an infant and a child. OHCHR has confirmed the killings at Al Awdabuilding, although the details and circumstances of the killings are still under verification. IDF has not released any information on the incident.
Yeah this needs to be seriously investigated because this very much reminds me of the Srbrenica genocide
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )

FUN TOPIC ALERT

Super hot take, but I don’t see anything “you should be in prison immediately” levels of wrong in fake images created out of thin air, (ie. that didn’t involve any actual kids or abuse), be it drawn loli or computer assisted “realistic” crap. It’s shit I’d definitely not want anywhere near me (or anything I operate), but the reason it should be universally banned (but not criminal…) is that it may serve as a cover (intentional or not) for the real stuff (where real people were harmed) to slip through under the mass of fakes.
One would assume if fake CP were available that the people into that shit would be content and the core problem would just go away, but some people are into the sadism / authenticity of it (and I do think there’s merit to the idea that even if fake, it can fuel desire to “try it out for real” in the most fucked up types).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide