Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
One of the town council members who takes issue with murals like this is Carrie Gendreau, who is also a Republican state senator for New Hampshire.
Gendreau […] told the Boston Globe that “homosexuality is an abomination” and she is “very concerned” about the “demonic hidden messages” that are “creeping into [the] community” through public art
Complaints about the artwork from members of the conservative-leaning three-person town council have forced town manager Jim Gleason to consider restricting certain works of art in public spaces.
After investigating their legal options, Gleason determined that it would be difficult to ban particular types of artwork from public spaces – after all, exclusively restricting LGBTQ+ artwork could breach constitutional law.
That leaves the town with few options. One that is genuinely being considered is to ban all public art.
The art in question:
large
Truly terrifying, thank God our public servants are fighting to keep this sick filth away from children!
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Latecomer
I can criticize Egypt for closing their border for war refugees seeking temporary asylum for the time being, to let Gazans escape the conflict.
But I will NOT entertain the idea of making Palestinians to be Egypt’s problem because I guarantee you, once Palestinians leave Gaza for Egypt, everybody would forget about them or worse yet, will be passing the blame on Egypt for putting Palestinians in a terrible living conditions because–Egypt is simply NOT capable of taking them in, at all.
And then the narrative would be: Jews love to build and live in clean safe democracy with free speech, Arabs live in open sewage.
Unless the world can pressure Israel to ENSURE Palestinians’Right To Return once they’re displaced, then that is not a solution I prefer. Ain’t NO WAY Israel gettin’ away with this.
See Pakistan and Iran? They SUCK. Don’t be like them.
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

News from stateside: A Baptist pastor and Mayor of Smiths Station, AL, Bubba Copeland, has taken his own life after right-wing website 1819 news outed him for posting photos of himself crossdressing under a pseudonym, and posing as a trans woman.
The kicker here is that Copeland hasn’t appeared to have expressed any sort of bigotry toward trans people, so there’s no “hypocrite exposed” angle to this story. Whether he actually was closeted trans isn’t clear at this time.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@The Smiling Pony
You know there are actually orgs that track the rise of these incidents right
Now I have my criticisms of CAIR, a lot of them, but I don’t see a reason to doubt their reports on this(it’s also worth noting that 774 isn’t all the Islamophobia hate crimes committed, just the one reported to them in specific, so the number of hate crimes and incidents are far higher.
Background Pony #95A5
Kentucky of all states has a Democrat for governor, though, he has essentially no power because of the Republican supermajority in the state legislature.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In non-Levantine world news, Bangladeshi garment workers have been undertaking a massive strike that is affecting multiple top fashion brands. They are demanding a near tripling of their wages. And by golly I’m rooting for them!
If I find someplace to donate to a strike fund for them, I’ll link it in this thread.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
I find it funny that so many zionists and pro-Israel supporters get their nuts in a twist when someone says “from the river to the sea” and other innocuous things and rage on about anti semitism when there are actually anti semitic things pro-Palestinians say that just completely fly under the radar
But of course this flies under the radar because they are too busy getting mad at a footballer calling for the bloodshed to end
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I think I heard someone say that Germany has a policy to be ultra overcompensating for the holocaust that they’d sometimes go the extra mile to be hypersensitive to the emotions of anybody jewish–to the point they’re willing to be offend somebody else or discard common sense to look as prosemite as possible.
Assuming that to be the case, how much of that is a sincere sympathy to the jewish plight and how much of that is a attempt to wash their hands off of jewish blood–as in, to be as removed from WW2 atrocities so everybody can finally move on from that chapter of german history?
europe / germany expert help me out.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zincy
I come from a country with a high minimum wage and it has the worst customer service in the world. They want higher wages so they don’t have to kiss your ass begging for a tip anymore. Once you start paying them too much they get arrogant and start thinking they don’t have to give a fuck about giving you quality service anymore. If someone makes over $10 an hour flipping burgers why would they give a fuck if they make your burger like shit? They’re getting paid over $10 either way.
Now that I think about it, maybe it’s their motivations. If money is the only reason they are doing a job, than why would they care if that one need is met? Maybe people should have a reason to work other than a check once a month.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Commune
Considering their report system is a simple online form, and the general increase in social awareness around harassment issues over the past decade (see #metoo and reporting sexual harassment), I’m taking the overarching concept of a drastic increase with a grain of salt, particularly in comparison to what followed after past terrorist attacks.
@Commune
It’s generally considered common that the people being insulted or threatened get to decide what it is they find insulting or threatening. The ADL (sure, biased, but so’s CAIR…) classifies it as antisemitic hate speech. It doesn’t help the case that people were repeating the phrase as the news of the Hamas incursion broke out and Israel had barely started counting bodies.
Usage also changes over time; twenty years ago the “Thin Blue Line” may have seemed like a quaint “support your local PD” symbol; not so much when used in mid-2020.
@tehwatever
It’s mostly a recognition that there are still ample parts of the population (native or no) that are truly antisemetic, and going hard on them to stamp out the possibility of any repetition of past widespread sentiment. It’s effective, in most people it’ll instill the idea that “yes, this is truly bad” over time. Worked in Spain with domestic assault, politicians and the news talking about it all the time pushed Spain down to having one of the lowest rates in Europe, whereas in other EU countries where it’s not openly talked about, the rates are significantly higher.
The AfD, which “officially” tries to appear squeaky clean, will likely use their newly gained clout to push against that “in the spirit of free speech”, and then just be open about it like in Hungary or wherever to whine about Soros or “the bankers” or whatever bogeyman they feel like bringing up.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Meanlucario
I agree with this opiñon. A lot of ppl work in the service industry myself included because it is a sector where the skill level needed for entry level positions is practically zero, and simultaneously potentially can be a very decent income source.
Which means YES a lot in the service industry is doing it for money and since in many cases the quality of service is directly proportional to earnings, then YES there is incentive to give za best service to receive za most amount of money.
However this becomes a problem in a tipping heavy system, where service providers feel extra entitled for higher tips, after having provided what they feel to be particularly good service. Which leads to resentment against clients who don’t tip.
Despite of that, I think higher wage is still better than low wage. I think a good solution to remove dependency to tips is to give service providers a share of the company.
Background Pony #0D69
@tehwatever
Lol none of these fake ‘refugees’ will ever leave, the media attacked Denmark for sending Syrian refugees back to Syria after the war ended. The left thinks you should just keep the borders wide open to an infinite number of migrants who can stay forever until you are totally swamped
Background Pony #0D69
@Background Pony #0D69
@The Smiling Pony
Case in point… “Burger flippers” in Europe make as much (or more) and not only is the service good (or better) than the US, but the workers are also happier. Terribly awful thing, caring about people.
No they don’t, every country in Europe us poorer than Mississippi per capita and they give 2/3 of their income to the government in taxes XD No they do not have better customer service, in Sweden cashiers at supermarkets won’t even bag your groceries for you. Hotel receptionists in Europe don’t book you into your own rooms, they force you to fill out your own paperwork online in front of them. I have been there
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
every country in Europe us poorer than Mississippi per capita
That’s hilarious. Now count in what people pay for health insurance and education, what they pay for transportation and utilities.
in Sweden cashiers at supermarkets won’t even bag your groceries for you
Why would they? Are you disabled? Most people carry their own bags or carts for groceries, they don’t need someone to put their stuff in a separate bag like a baby.
Hotel receptionists in Europe don’t book you into your own rooms, they force you to fill out your own paperwork online in front of them
How awful that must have been for you, I am so sorry you had to go through that trauma!
I have been there
Good for you, I’m sure you fit right into the “insufferable american tourist” archetype neatly. Meanwhile I’ve lived and worked in various European countries, Turkey, and various US states. Plus traveled to plenty of others.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@tehwatever
I’m all for better wages, I’m just pointing out that the issue might be the work itself and not the money.
@The Smiling Pony
If memory serves me right, Lee fought for his state, even if he wasn’t fond of its new government. He also hated the idea of getting a statue, since he wanted the nation’s wounds to heal and leave this disgraceful war behind them (hence why the statues were made long after his death by racists who wanted to remind black people they were once slaves in our history). This background has no idea what he’s talking about.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide