Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Kiryu-Chan
Not great. Not terrible. As of 4 AM ET, the New York Times “needle” was projecting a 224-211 GOP majority. NBC’s projection is currently 221-214.
The Dems were able to get a lot done with a mere 222-213, but Pelosi can whip votes like a goddamn champion. McCarthy (or whoever ultimately becomes Speaker) will have a much harder time corraling such a narrow majority. There’s a reason the last two Republican Speakers immediately retired from politics afterward.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
The red wave hit my state (NC), because if course it f##king did. It’s the same state that has Trump flags planted nearly everywhere I go.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Tennessee had voted to prohibite “slavery as punishment” by 80%. Which is a glass half full kind of way of saying that 20% of Tennessee wants slavery.
Bruh.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Imagine sleeping with Ted Cruz to get a job and you only got 1 term.
Edit: AP reports that the Reps are up by 3 seats in the House. They haven’t called Bobo’s race yet, so if she does lose then Reps would be up by only 2 so far, still needing 3 more seats to win.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Dems are winning a vast majority of toss-ups.
Republicans still have plenty of pickup opportunities and a clear path to the majority, but any hopes of a wave leading to a huge majority is dead.
It is very likely to be single digits or low double.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Who’s ever been doing the pre election polling needs to do a better job next time because youth turnout seems to have caught everyone off guard
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Most elections shaft the youth vote, and in turn the youth don’t vote.
Biden gives out a tiny bit of student debt relief, a concept that disproportionately favors younger adults, and the youth vote comes out of nowhere to block the projected Red Wave.
Nice.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
No matter what happens from here on out, take solace in the fact that conservative talking heads the nation over are all collectively losing their shit.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
They’re overdosing on the copium hard.
Fox News has been talking about McDonald giving away a grease-proof gaming chair instead of the midterms. I mean, that is relevant to my interests, but you’d think the midterms would be to theirs.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
538 has reported that a vast majority of votes left to count in Nevada come from two majority democratic districts. Moreover, liberal ballot measures raising minimum wage and potentially setting up ranked choice primaries are both expected to pass. With between 77% and 80% reporting, and given that senate races have had a 3 to 6 point dem overperformance, dems have a good chance at holding both the Senate and Governor seats there.
Additionally, Aguilar the dem candidate for Sec of State there is in a dead heat with his rep rival. Given the closer margins there, it is also an indication that the dems are set to hit gains while the reps may have hit a vote ceiling.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
now that some states are callin’ the election I will say the 2 that surprised Me where new york and Pennsylvania. I thought Zeldin would be a long shot but was surprised how well he performed in such a blue state. Pennsylvania was a shock seeing Fetterman win in that state. I didn’t think Oz was a good candidate by any stretch of the imagination but Fettermans performance post stroke was so abysmal I thought it would sink his candidacy.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
A report earlier said that Trump was still planning on announcing his presidential run today, with Trump saying that delaying the announcement after the midterm results would be humiliating. But analysts are saying that taking the results of the midterm into account Trump would have no chance in 2024.
He really is that disgusting.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide