Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6B50
@Thanotos Omega
Republicans want to oppose Democrat laws since they want to be in power, this is true. I find it hard to be sympathetic to the Dems though when the laws they keep proposing are bad laws.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
One of the most recent laws Dems proposed and managed to move is a bill that provides service connection coverage to vets exposed to toxic chemicals and radiation, increases funding to the VA system, provides for specialized training for oncology professionals, and opens up 23 illnesses to full coverage from their connection.
Does that sound like a bad bill?
Background Pony #6B50
@MethidMan
Well the law to prevent gas price “gouging” would give the president license to declare and emergency and the FTC license to set price controls. We tried price controls on gas before, it failed miserably. More likely if it had passed is nothing would have happened, because the prices we are seeing are due to inflation.
Their was also people complaining about the baby formula bill which failed. Well the big issue with baby formula is that the US has FDA labeling requirements and tariffs in place to prevent importation of completely safe Canadian and European formula. These policies aren’t protecting anybody but domestic formula producers and should be gotten rid of, bringing in this additional formula would provide mothers with the supplies they need. Instead the proposal gives the FDA more money.
Neither of these laws are going to actually fix the problems they claim to address, one of them has the potential to make it worse.
Background Pony #6B50
@Zincy
It is my understanding that under this bill a veteran doesn’t actually have to show that the condition they are claiming is linked to their service. I think the spirit of the law is in the right place and it is addressing an issue, though it seems the VA has problems around it being stupidly confusing and hard to show a condition, any condition, is the result of service to the country. All of that needs reforming.
That being said, this act wasn’t blocked by Republicans and has passed the Senate, the post I was replying to was referencing proposed laws that the Republicans blocked.
Background Pony #6537
Love how in America, wanting clean air and water and gun control makes you a liberal instead of it being a given that you want them.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Pony #6537
I think that has a lot to do with habits, i have talked to many people that were weirded out when i told them i drink unfiltered tap water. If you drink your whole life bottled water and are told that tap water is bad it will be engraved in your mind to avoid tap water. And in a follow up it might seem like a waste of time to get clean water… after all, you can just buy bottled water.
And i think something like clean air is a matter of “can’t see see the problem, don’t care”.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
And i think something like clean air is a matter of “can’t see see the problem, don’t care”.
Despite the fact that pollution is a real problem.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
A new study from Brigham and Women’s Hospital partnering with the CDC has found that premature death rates are widening between red and blue counties. Blue counties overall are seeing a disproportionate decrease in premature deaths.
Death rates overall have been falling for years (except during the pandemic), but where red counties are seeing an average decrease of 11%, blue counties are double that at around 22% on average. Though when controlling for race, health outcomes of minorities was much closer together for both red and blue, meaning the difference is being mostly driven by white Americans. Red counties have seen overall increases in negative health outcomes including chronic heart and liver disease.
This indicates that “blue” health policies are helping people stay healthy, but that it’s not a proportional effect and minority communities are still being left behind.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Mikey
Yes, but unless someone lives somewhere with smog (air pollution visible), it quite literally is a an issue that you don’t see even though it will still harm people.
Background Pony #6B50
@Seiken
Yeah I see that as well with some people I’ve met, even when I show people that tap water is healthy in the vast majority of the country they seem surprised. I wonder if it is related to how people also view plumbing as a dirty job.
Background Pony #658D
It’s awful that still happens to LGBTQ folk but it’s foolish to think they’re the only ones who have it bad. Recently, boys in schools were told to apologise to the girls for everything men do, straights and whites are being made to feel guilty for being white and straight and also, a schoolgirl in England is currently facing undeserved backlash, is being chewed out by the trans community and being called every word in their buzzword book for nothing more than asking a questioning trans ideology. She wasn’t malicious but anyway, she was basically told to fuck off. What a friendly little community that is.
Speaking of gun control, I saw a meme years ago of a road with a gate & deep tire tracks going around the gate symbolising that criminals and/or mentally unstable gun handlers can and will find a way around the gun law, regardless. Whether that’s true for all parts of the US or certain parts, I don’t know, I’m not American but it does seem to happen an awful lot over there.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sure if people wanna live by the rules of a dusty old book thats stupid and if they take offense that their old rules shouldn’t be applied to today’s society then they can kindly go fuck themselves.
@CaptainXtra
Why the protest even formed is because there was a drag show open for all ages which people took offense to. Of course calling for putting people down is not acceptable, but personally i think that bringing kids to such an event is also completely wrong.
Andy Ngo is propagandist.
The dude is just pretending to be a journalist. He can’t be credibly trusted to report the truth and regularly fabricates facts.
He is nothing more than a grifter trying to make a buck.
I’m not about to go and trust any information from a grifter who has a history of publishing editorials from people who don’t exist.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Seiken
Times like this make me wonder if Caesar’s Legion had a point.
Caeser’s Legion?
A slaver society where men are forced into military service where new recruits are thrown into the thick of gunfire and high casualty rates are seen as a way to sieve out strong soldiers?
A slaver society where the usage of modern medicine and machinery is frowned upon unless it’s for the sole exception of treating Edward Sallow’s brain tumour so he can turn around to tell the rest of the his subjects, “Fuck you, got mine?”
A slaver society where women are forced into servitude and sexism runs rampant?
A slaver society that actively engages in slavery of families, children and pregnant women?
The fact you took a look at highly sensationalised, biased sourced about drag events and concluded that Fascism is the answer is really telling.
Violet Rose in The Rain

@Violet Rose in The Rain
I didn’t pick his tweet because it was from Andy Ngo, i just picked a response showing what was going on in there. I don’t give a damn about that guy.
For someone who “doesn’t give a damn about the guy,” you sure trust the guy who falsifies news reports and findings to not give you a biased and likely edited view of what’s going on inside.
Violet Rose in The Rain

A few months ago, this place used to have anons and users give us pages-long essays about why Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill was actually about protecting children and that saying gay wasn’t actually prohibited anywhere in the paper while proclaiming that there was no need for teachers to teach children about other sexualities or sex in general.
Now that Tennessee tried to pass a law allowing marriage between a minor and adult of opposite sexes and Ohio passed a bill allowing the genital inspections of any girl student athlete (Oh don’t you worry, I’ll get to that), they’ve been as quiet as my grandpa that died before I was born.
Conservatives keep on calling gay people groomers while deliberately ignoring the fact that Matt Walsh has nudes of a fifteen year old minor on his phone for the sole purpose of making a trash film that got outperformed by Morbius of all fucking movies.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide