Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
If the GOP were to literally murder children with their bare hands, Corporate Dems would refuse to stop them and say shit like ““WE’RE BETTER THAN THEM, WE WON’T STOOP TO THEIR LEVEL” or some utterly backwards insane gibberish like that.
Background Pony #D717
@igotnopicks
Something tells me this is also part of the problem. We’ll just come up with witty tweets to dunk on dumb shit and call it a day. No advocating for anything, nothing. As if a couple mean social media posts can just magically slap the decision down.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@Background Pony #D717
It’s a coping mechanism because Biden has been silent about it for hours despite his base being anxious about it. The fact that he hasn’t said anything about it only adds to his base’s fears that he’s not up to the task of beating Trump after last week’s debate.
But there’s also a fear that if he does say something, it will likely be so weak that it demoralizes the base even more.
On an unrelated note, “Canada” is trending yet again; perhaps Dems need to consider that a) Canada will not accept refugees from America out of the fly, and they won’t buy the “human rights” excuse either, b) Canadians will likely not want them in their country, c) Trudeau is in even worse shape than Biden in terms of approval and leadership, and d) all opinion polling points to a right-wing Conservative landslide next year, and the Conservative Party today is even more right-wing than it was under Harper.
Background Pony #8E51
Deletion reason: Rule #6 - You were asked very nicely to leave. Your behavior has not improved, so please unsubscribe and do not come back to this thread.
Zaknel
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
@Background Pony #8E51
I swear, it’s like you are detached from what might happen, or even just what you simply think might happen, if Trump wins the election. And you have instead opted to focus purely on Trump winning the election.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Meanlucario
And of course there’s the American Accountability Foundation’s Project Sovereignty (source: AP news) which should be live sometime in the next couple of months. Trump doesn’t even have to be elected.
It’s kind of shocking to me they’re starting with GS-13’s. I was a GS-12 and that’s just a technical/architectural role. Purely non-political. I don’t know how anyone I worked with at the GS-13 level could ever have been perceived as being political in any way. Like … intranet infrastructure doesn’t have a ‘politics’. It’s just hardware. But apparently what people post in their own time outside of work is suddenly a subject that can get you fired from ordering servers or some shit like that.
Kind of really brings home the whole Federal workers take an oath to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States” deal. No one ever asked me to pledge allegiance to the president. Nor would they have.
The GOP is making Trump the focus instead of the Constitution and the Office.
Ereiam
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
Steve Bannon began his four-month prison sentence today, and said he was “proud” to go to jail.
He probably won’t be so proud if a cellmate does you-know-what to him.
@SleepySteve
He’s not going to that kind of prison. He’ll have a nice little apartment, better than what most people in NYC pay a thousand dollars a month in rent for. Plus free meals.
Yeah, people like him with that kind of sentence go to white-collar resort prison, not federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison.
Still, it’s funny he says he’s proud of serving it now after spending the better part of two years trying in vain to dodge it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Biden has commented on the SCOTUS ruling.
Unsurprisingly it was just mealy-mouth waffling. “This sets a dangerous precedent” this and “This means the only limit is the ones self-imposed” that.
No shit Sherlock.
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
It was meh. Didn’t alleviate fears about the base but it didn’t make things worse, either.
And he snubbed the press, again. Not surprisingly they asked why he’s still in the race, so he has good reason to ignore them.
And it’s also why I doubt this ruling will be on the minds of voters the same way Dobbs is.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@CaptainXtra
Technically speaking I think you can still prosecute the president for that
The thing that actually screws up the case for US v Trump is that the majority opinion states that not only are official acts immune from prosecution, but that you can’t use his actions in official acts as evidence in a trial
To make it clearer, if someone say bribed the President to grant them a pardon, you can still charge the President with a pardon
But
You can’t bring up the act of the pardon or him discussing the pardon with his official advisors(I’m not kidding about this one)
Now you may wonder “doesn’t this make it next to impossible to persecute a president for anything then?” And the answer is, yeah more or less(this is why Amy Coney Barrett gave a separate opinion even though she’s part of the majority, she disagreed with the notion that official acts can’t be used as evidence in a trial)
Luckily for Jack Smith and his ragged tagged gang of misfits, Trump very much discussed his plans to stay in power illegally with private citizens along with official advisors, so the case isn’t totally destroyed
Albeit I won’t be surprised if some meetings with private citizens can be classified as official acts as iirc Sidney Powell discussed being made special consul to seize voting machines so maybe that falls under official acts, maybe
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ironically, minutes before handing down their decision in Trump v United States, the Supreme Court made another, very different 6-3 ruling in Moody v NetChoice, with Justices Alito, Gorsuch, and Thomas dissenting.
The Court ruled that the government cannot seize editorial control of private media outlets, in this case social media, thus overturning laws enacted in Texas and Florida that would forbid social media companies from moderating content expressing a political opinion (which Governor Abbott stated as he signed the bill was to stop a “dangerous movement by social media companies to silence conservative viewpoints and ideas”).
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@igotnopicks
“He is now the dictator.”
I mean, the presidency has always kinda been a dictatorship since the Great Depression and WWII. And if you’re really savvy you can go back to the Civil War, the biggest example of constitutional failure, to when the powers of the presidency began to be emphasized more.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide