Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Also, I just want to say people who still use the “resisting arrest” excuse anytime a cop murders someone can eat shit
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Nancy Pelosi thanked George Floyd for his ‘sacrifice in this fight for justice.’

Yeah that about sums up her understanding on…anything really. Go back to bragging about your $3000 refrigerator while more and more become homeless you never been in touch bat.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Nancy Pelosi thanked George Floyd for his ‘sacrifice in this fight for justice.’

Dammit Pelosi, George Floyd was fucking murdered you stupid bitch
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Most have probably seen the Mud Company comic about defunding the police.

full

This guy.

It is a rather salient understanding of the root issues. The problem with the police department is that we’ve given them so many jobs, and so many roles, that holding them to a standard for all of them is nearly impossible to do.

We need to greatly scale back what we want the police to do so they can just focus on what they need to do.

Armed officers do not need to show up to every wellness check or mental health situation. Certain ‘crimes’ like prostitution and drug possession need to either be handled by different organizations or be decriminalized altogether, wrongheaded systems like civil forfeiture and militarization need to end, etc, etc.

I cannot think of any other job that requires a person to be so many things, some of which are almost antithetical to each other.

We do not need a job platform out there that is a combination of Judge Dread, Robocop, and Consular Troi. Let the “peace officers” be just that, officers to keep the peace.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Yeah that about sums up her understanding on…anything really. Go back to bragging about your $3000 refrigerator while more and more become homeless you never been in touch bat.

Probably the cringiest and wokest thing Pelosi ever said.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Plus let’s consider the capitalism angle.

One person doing 10 jobs, inefficient and concentrated.

10 people doing 10 jobs, more jobs to go around. Let the social workers handle the social work system, hire dedicated roles for school security, get some professional HR and management types to handle joblessness, let doctors and psychologists handle medical and mental health such as addiction, let the local councils and governments handle homelessness etc.

Don’t send a dude or dudette with a gun and a badge to every damn situation.
Background Pony #7CB4
@Zincy  
I agree on most points, but defund the police is an awful slogan that doesn’t mean what you’ve said.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Josh103

It was…but it doesn’t resolve the systemic issues that led to it. I’m almost at the point of adding it to the pile of pernicious neoliberal lies™️ alongside issue reductionism. “The officer responsible was brought to justice and they promised that changes will be made™️. What more do you want?!”
Background Pony #697E
@Zincy  
Prostitution is still prostitution whether anyone wants to admit or not. Also, there is absolutely no reason for police to not be involved in any of these other boulders shown in the cartoon in at least some way, especially when it comes to gang violence, domestic violence, theft, and unexpected crises.

They ABSOLUTELY need to be involved in these four particular situations, as they always have been, and one has to be completely lacking in real-world life experiences and common sense to not be able to see why.
BADASSassin

Last clopper on Earth
Is this the thread to talk about Brandon Hole, the shooter who killed 8 people after posting on Facebook about Applejack?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Using ones assets to make money should not be frowned upon in a supposedly free market society.

If a whore has a product than horny individuals are willing to pay for, they’re a businessperson in the truest sense of the world.

Regulate the industry, let them file a Schedule SE tax form, let them get health insurance, form unions and guilds, and have access to the open market. Like any good entrepreneur.

It’s a resource, like it or not, and with resources come money.
BADASSassin

Last clopper on Earth
@Prince Areo  
This last Thursday IIRC, this psycho kid posted “I hope that I can be with Applejack in the afterlife, my life has no meaning without her.” Then like an hour later he went to the FedEx where he used to work and started giving people expedited shipping to the afterlife. If this had happened a few years ago it might have made bronies look pretty bad.

Naturally it’s being painted as a white supremacist issue and a strike against gun rights.
Kolbjorn

Banana
And just some ours after the veredict against Derek Chauvin police killed a 16 yo black girl who CALLED them because there was a fight outside her house, they saw her with a knife on her hand (that she was using for self defence) and shot her without asking questions
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide