Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Terminal Red

That’s one thing I’ve seen nigh unanimous agreement on (besides Sorkinite libs), especially with regards to RBG.

As for RBG herself, she should’ve retired when Obama had both the senate and the congress, thus could nominate whomever he wanted for the SC. Instead she stayed, and when Trump became president, she apparently stayed in order to ensure a conservative didn’t fill her position…which is where we’re at now. Because the republicans still control the senate, and will likely do so after the election, there isn’t going to be a progressive nomination because they won’t confirm one, and if Biden wins it’s unlikely he’ll nominate anyone left of centre.
Princess Applejack

@Princess Applejack
A women has the right to keep her legs shut as well to and avoid killing an unborn. There are very few excuses to kill an unborn baby.
So you are saying a woman has no right to sex?

@Violet Rose in The Rain  
That is what people who oppose abortion don’t understand. They are basically forcing woman to seek unsafe options. Many woman die from back ally abortions and they shouldn’t have to. They shouldn’t have to hop across the boarder to Canada to get something that they should be entitled to back home.
Princess Applejack

That’s one thing I’ve seen nigh unanimous agreement on (besides Sorkinite libs), especially with regards to RBG.
As for RBG herself, she should’ve retired when Obama had both the senate and the congress, thus could nominate whomever he wanted for the SC. Instead she stayed, and when Trump became president, she apparently stayed in order to ensure a conservative didn’t fill her position…which is where we’re at now. Because the republicans still control the senate, and will likely do so after the election, there isn’t going to be a progressive nomination because they won’t confirm one, and if Biden wins it’s unlikely he’ll nominate anyone left of centre.
You are aware that Obama had to deal with the 2008 Housing crisis right? There were a lot of things going on in his first term. Second Obama would have faced political backlash back then if he asked a SCJ to retire especially with the congress he had back then and the anger that was building up in right wing news circles due to the Wall Street Bail Out that pretty much took away the good will people had in Obama.

So saying Obama should have done replaced the ailing Justice in his first term in office really does under cut the political and social climate that America was experiencing at the time.
Background Pony #A2C2
@Princess Applejack  
Nobody has a “right” to sex. People are free to fornicate with one another so long as they are of legal age, the act is consensual and it is not performed in public view, but people are not guaranteed sex in accordance with legislation as you apparently mistakenly believe.

What he is saying is that any woman who gets an abortion, which I presume, and which in my case would, preclude any woman who was raped or otherwise forcefully inseminated against their will, would not have “needed” to if they simply did not have sex in the first place. Barring the personal and potential caveats I’ve elaborated, this is completely true.
Princess Applejack

@Vivace  
She is not psychic, so she wouldn’t have known that 2020 would be so partisan. Plus it wouldn’t have gone unnoticed by Republicans and Fox News which had eyes like a hawk during Obama’s terms in office. If Obama sneezed wrong they would have been on him.
Background Pony #A2C2
@Latecomer  
That would depend upon when one believes life begins. If at conception, then the moral obligation to protect life stands. If later, when? Then would the moral obligation to protect life stand.

I don’t know when life begins exactly, but I prefer to err on the side of caution and so, with such caveats as I’ve presented, would lean towards “at conception”.
Princess Applejack

@Princess Applejack
Nobody has a “right” to sex. People are free to fornicate with one another so long as they are of legal age, the act is consensual and it is not performed in public view, but people are not guaranteed sex in accordance with legislation as you apparently mistakenly believe.
What he is saying is that any woman who gets an abortion, which I presume, and which in my case would, preclude any woman who was raped or otherwise forcefully inseminated against their will, would not have “needed” to if they simply did not have sex in the first place. Barring the personal and potential caveats I’ve elaborated, this is completely true.
I mean that the woman has the right to choose whether she has sex or not. That is her right and it should be respected.
Background Pony #A2C2
@Princess Applejack  
She has the right to choose, just as I and anybody else, yes, but none of us have the right to be free from the consequences of that choice.

The right to have sex with whoever you wish who is willing to have consensual sex with you outside of public view would have been a more definite, and better, statement. Describing it as “right to sex” is far, far too vague and open to terrible interpretation.
Background Pony #A2C2
@Princess Applejack  
I do believe that a man should have some responsibility for the life he helps bring into this world. I also believe that it is a miscarriage of justice that a woman in a consensual and ostensibly loving relationship with a man could go and get an abortion with no consideration to his opinion or thoughts on the matter, and look with much disdain upon those who have rigorously defended effectively just that in recent years, to say nothing of the seeming inconsideration shown toward the life the people involved intend to cut short.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide