Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@TheMagpulPone  
And what of merely accused ones? Or do you honestly know for sure that everyone in Guantano is definitely a terrorist?

Guns weren’t the only things the Founding fathers cared about - making sure everyone got their day in court, and that no-one could be punished arbitarily, was another one.

(You still haven’t said what makes a law just, either.)
TheMagpulPone
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Dynamic Pie
@Latecomer  
I’m not there, I don’t have any intel that the CIA or DHS has regarding who is at the Bay or what they did. I can trust that they’re getting the bad guys and know what they’re doing, but that’s all I can do.
Latecomer

@TheMagpulPone  
And would you like the standard of justice in America to be “I can just trust the police would only arrest the guilty, so who needs lawyers or juries. Oh, and cruel and unusual punishment is fine too!”?

Because if so, please don’t ever bother referring to the Constitution as the basis of any argument ever again. Because everything in it, including the Second, was written as a safeguard against exactly those kind of things..
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Latecomer  
That’s all true, but they’re not in America, they’re in Cuba. Who exactly is supposed to get them a lawyer? The Americans, the Cubans, the country they were originally from? How would you like that to work?
Latecomer

@TheMagpulPone  
Well it’s the Americans who have custody of them, so obviously them. And all custody procedures should be the same as in American federal prisons as well - before and after conviction. (If acquitted, they should of course be released.)
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@The Smiling Pony  
Sure, but Americans aren’t allowed to enter American military bases either despite being on American soil, are they? An a cuban can’t enter a Cuban base without permission as well. A military base is a secure location in all aspects.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@TheMagpulPone  
So do they have a JAG Corps lawyer?

Or are we really just kidnapping people and putting them on a territory we can claim isn’t really ours but only we have control over so we can just ignore all human rights because there’s simply no real “law” governing the place?
Latecomer

@TheMagpulPone  
I’m going to assume oyu just don’t beleive the torture stories, despite all the evidence, so how about the lack of trial. Are Americans no longer entitled to be either convicted or relaesed in a reasonable period?
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Latecomer  
They aren’t Americans. And there were many debates in Congress as to whether they should have any rights at all. Despite this, they do have the right to a trial after petitioning to have one in US courts. So they are covered as closely to an American citizen as the law requires.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide