Religion general

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@TheHappySpaceman

The Holocaust had nothing to do with God, gods or any form of religion. It was a crime against humanity resulting from hatred, revenge and cold calculation. And the fact that we Germans obey orders, no matter how horrible, repugnant and inhuman they may be. It is a characteristic of our people that originates from a tradition that is thousands of years old. We might as well have killed all the Buddhists. If they’d held money.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@DarkObsidian  
That’s not the point. The point is that the idea of God having a plan for everything falls flat on its face when you see all the injustices happening in the world, and that approach is just as bad as willfully ignoring issues that happen to you and the people around you. You’re just shoving off your responsibilities as a person onto some entity that may or may not exist.
Deactivated_20191124_01
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@DarkObsidian  
I often see things like war and genocide as a sickness of the species, one that we can rebound and evolve from.

I hope the horror of genocidal attacks on civilian targets continues to sober the population to the reality that hate and fear can create.

There is a possibility that a good god could stand by and watch genocide, and that gods allowance of genocide is only proof that humans have a responsibility to one another.

I cannot say that starvation and war dismiss the possibility of god. God could be cruel, indifferent, or severe for whatever reason, and there is no agreeable way to measure morality, or necessity of gods actions.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@TheHappySpaceman

@Ninji

“God and the devil made a wager”

Even if as a nihilist I have to see it that way. I still feel the truth in this sentence. Yeah, I don’t believe in supernatural existences, but that doesn’t mean I’m right. I think it’s more rational. If there were such a thing, then we, the people, would have been given free will. We ourselves are to blame for our misery. It’s too easy to blame something on God, the devil or anything else. But we ourselves do not accept our fallibility. Hell, we don’t even accept our own mortality. Because we take our existence far too important without thinking about the consequences.

I do not need a higher being, nor the devil, nor anything to know if I am doing something wrong or right. Of course I act selfishly and sometimes vengefully. Does that make me a worse being? No. Only for those who hold their own morals so high that they look down on others. Something I’d never do.

It’s not God or the devil that decides who we are. It’s a will decision of its own. And that’s just what most people are afraid of.
Deactivated_20191124_01
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@DarkObsidian  
The universe itself could be a conscious, self identifying organism. That wouldn’t be super natural, so much as a separate level of nature. We could have a god, and that god be only a single cell in a greater god, and none of this would directly violate most of what science can agree on.

‘God’ could just be a cognitive thought experiment that human culture likes to perpetuate.

I’m agnostic, but I should identify as atheist. I reject most traditionally propagated notions of gods or higher life, and when I use the word god I don’t use it in the same way others do, so it’s easier to not use the word, and say ‘no, I don’t believe in god.’

There is most definitely forces of nature greater than us, and no one knows where to plant the flag that marks what is conscious and what isn’t.

I’ve been trying not to live my life like an asshole, sometimes even just out of the superstition that it can all come back on me. Maybe we have instincts to make subconscious assumptions about our ‘social credit’, because I usually act as if someone is watching me. Even when I make bad choices I can reason that whoever has my full story wouldn’t blame me so much.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Frustration in Excelsis  
But if you’re dead, it’s not like you’re going to be conscious about it. Returning to oblivion is no different than having a dreamless sleep. In both cases, you’re not aware of anything. Not even your very existence.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Is it possible one could have subscribed to religious doctrines without even knowing it?  
Because when it comes to politics, philosophies and religion. They often intertwine. Masquerading each other.

One could be an atheist, but still be religious in some shape or form. Irreligious, but still believe in a power beyond.

You’d be surprised how many self described “irreligious” left wingers believe in mysticism and pseudo-science BS.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Lord Seraph

You don’t get tornadoes in Canada as far as I know. Most US states do it.

I lived in a tornado prone area of Virginia and we did them every month.
TempFizzle

I like the effect many religions have, even though I have no place or belief in any. How one can trick their mind to give them hope to do things instead of resorting to failure and despair. I just hate how some really enforce their belief and if you don’t believe the same they do, they tend to dislike you for it. For me, I respect it all, even if it’s “evil”, and for those that force it is going against their own beliefs. I suppose they may be willing to break a few rules to “save” I suppose. I don’t know. I can always find a positive in a negative, even in the cruel times of death itself. I just try to resort to solving things in multiple ways instead of only one.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
I don’t think religious cults really need to be a system of religious beliefs in a conventional sense. But a pattern of behavioral mindsets that manifest it’s adherents.

Honestly. Some of these “atheists” are even more puritanical and mysticist than most devot religion folks I know. And I come from a religious upbringing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide