Pokemon General [SFW, No NSFW]

Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I’m not gonna pretend they’re flawless, but my god some people act like it’s the equivalent of frigging Sonic ’06.

It’s an alright game, but it’s Pokemon, the most successful franchise of all time. Bigger than Star Wars. Bigger than Harry Potter. Bigger than Mario.

For it’s first (non-spin-off) game on a console, I hope you can forgive me for expecting more than something that’s simply alright.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Meanlucario

For the record, I do think the Expansion Pass shouldn’t have been $30 (or at the very least you shouldn’t need to buy it separately for both Sword and Shield). I’m just tired of all this discourse and screaming about it, y’know?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Jarkes  
It does make me fear future releases since they seem to be going the yearly route and have no interest in upgrading their staff size. This being the game they choose to go from $40 to $60 doesn’t help.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Meanlucario

I don’t know, the DLC seems to indicate that they are trying to slow down on yearly releases at least… And while I still feel like an additional $30 is a bit much at least it’s not expecting you to buy the entire same game again at full price with minor differences like before.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Jarkes

Yeah, but it’s still something they have to develop and work on, so it still kind of means less resources and work time on the next set of games, so I’m not sure it’ll help the next set of games anyway
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Jarkes  
Seeing as one of the main selling points is adding removed mons to SnS, I’m not sure if that’s a good comparison. And if they release a game next year, than I’ll have no reason to not say they’re doing yearly releases.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Littlecabbit

That’s also true.

@Meanlucario

I’d still rather they do that than make an entirely separate full-priced game with minor differences (though it still isn’t an ideal situation in the least).

I’m just saying, they always tend to struggle a bit whenever making a hardware leap, so I guess I’m a little more forgiving to it since this is an even bigger kind of hardware leap than usual.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Jarkes  
Again, they’re still releasing content when they should be working on the next game.

And they should had more time and workers. And yes, I know that your sources says that they had years to work on it, but honestly, it doesn’t show. And again, SnS was the game they decided to bump up the price of their games with, which with a $30 expansion, doesn’t help.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Meanlucario

My sources also said that they were working on multiple games at once DURING those years, which also clearly didn’t help.

Also, making up your frakking mind. You don’t want them to keep doing yearly releases, but updating and adding content is still bad? Do you feel this way about the Smash Ultimate Fighter’s Pass, or any other games that periodically update games over time?
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Jarkes  
I’m talking about them making new content when they need to show things down, especially with how short-staffed they are. And I’m talking about larger things like DLC, since I have no doubt that there won’t be a year without some release from them, be it DLC or a new game, which will cause more harm than good. It’s why I wanted SnS to fail, since it forces the higher ups to reconsider their decisions (or cause mass lay-offs, depending of the company/CEO, though that’s a much worst reaction) and question if what they’re doing is right for their company.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Meanlucario

And there’s that notion again that a franchise making money means that the creators don’t take criticism into account. Yes, sales doesn’t always reflect quality, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t listening to constructive feedback.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I don’t know, the DLC seems to indicate that they are trying to slow down on yearly releases at least… And while I still feel like an additional $30 is a bit much at least it’s not expecting you to buy the entire same game again at full price with minor differences like before.

True. I can only hope this is what they do.

I also pray that the eventual Sinnoh remakes are absolutely golden, because there is NO deadline, they can delay it as long as they need to.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I still don’t want Sinnoh remakes at all and I wish people would stop begging for them.

I’ve also divorced myself from Gen 8 so much I’ve mostly forgotten all about it and I’m much happier for it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide