Cartoon/Western Animation General

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Remember Butch Hartman saying he wants to create his own channel? Apparently it’s a scam. He made people believe it was going to be a cartoon channel. However, it’s not. It’s a Christian network.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Holofan4life  
He stated specifically on the Kickstarter page it was a family network, with different kinda shows, not just “cartoon” ones, so it’s debatable if he internationally misled people, or not. He was perhaps too vague about it though, or many backers mistakenly assumed it was just cartoons, because of his history working on them.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Holofan4life  
Perhaps, but it depends on how much “christian” content it’s going to have, as it sounds like it’s not just going to be religious stuff like “Davey & Goliath.”

Y’know, Clair “Sweetie Belle” Corlett was in the christian CGI cartoon “3.2.1. Penguins” (which was made by the Veggietales people) despite being an atheist.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Scrabbleman  
It depends. There’s alot of christians out there whom enjoy christian stuff, and “Veggietales” was popular even with not very religious people. (Though, partially ‘cause some channels censored the religious stuff, so some weren’t even aware it was a christian show.)

I’m a christian, but alot of religious cartoons aren’t very appealing to me. I did enjoy some as a kid like “Flying House,” a rather obscure old anime, and a few old Hanna Barbara video Bible cartoon story adaptations that were well animated, and featured some celebrity voices in them. (Like James Earl Jones, Tony Jay, and Jeffery Tambor.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@intexda  
Well, he does specify it’s not “the Church Channel,” or TBN, and such. It sounds like it’s just a family-friendly streaming network probably with both religious & secular stuff.  
As for the “parable” remark, I think secular people are misinterpretating it, and assuming he means “brainwashing kids,” but I think he means the shows will just have lessons, and morals in them, no different then MLP:FIM, his own cartoons, and secular shows, and such do.  
Nowhere does he say it’s strictly a christian network, correct me if I’m wrong. (If he said it somewhere else.)

@Exceptionally Average Individual And Lurker  
Is that a joke? Most blockbuster movies don’t even get 100%.
intexda
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Chemtrails are turning the frogs gay
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Beau Skunky  
eh, fair enough i just figured i’d give context to the situation.  
For the most part people are mad because he wasn’t open or honest with this. His kick starter was made up of vague corporate language that didn’t at all give any picture of what he was planning and his only answer to any questions asked about it was trying to pull at heartstrings and nostalgia.  
“you trusted me with your childhood now trust me with your future”  
“see it in your heart and know that what we’re doing is special”  
“we only need 600 more people donating $99 to reach funding”  
The problems are less that it’s a semi christian network and more that he was manipulative,vague, and all around dodgy of everything.  
He also didn’t tell anyone what kind of content he wanted on his network and what “family friendly” entailed.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Holofan4life

He also:

Believes that suicide and depression only happens because of the media  
Mocked Mary Kay Bergman’s suicide to Tara Strong’s face while ALSO claiming that it was Tara’s fault that Mary committed suicide on his podcast, and then edited that section out from his podcast video.

Among other things.

Yeah, he’s a prick.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@intexda  
That’s understandable, but perhaps they should do more research too before they invest in it, or better yet, not invest in something so vague.  
Though, Hartman should’ve been more specific, even if he didn’t internationally scam people, so he’s at fault too. It’s not very christian of him.

I’m actually surprised to find out he’s a christian, as there aren’t many of those in the entertainment industry nowadays, and rumors state Hollywood isn’t fond of them regardless how religious they are.  
Heck, people wouldn’t support the “Boogerman” remake kickstarter, (which kinda pissed me off, as I like that game) just because the creator of the game was christian, and a conservative, but he never really puts any preachy or political messages in his games, so I don’t understand the ire.  
After all, christians & right-wingers enjoy liberal-made programs & games.

@Jarkes  
Well, he’s no saint, as I said that’s not very christian of him…  
Granted, teen suicides have gone up, but it’s not just the media, but parents, bullies, and such too ‘causing it. It’s not just one thing.
intexda
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Chemtrails are turning the frogs gay
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Beau Skunky  
The thing is, research was hard until 2 days ago because he has people who search and destroy all of this information on every media platform in existance. Hell, The video i posted is constantly getting taken down and reuploaded by different people because he keeps taking it down again and again.  
On top of all of this he works off a cult of personality manipulation strategy. The people who donated were likely super fans and towards the end possibly shell accounts/corporate investors.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@intexda  
Hm, I see. He should’ve been more honest, or specific, regardless if people are exaggerating what his network’s going to be like. (Given how edgy his cartoons were.)

Still, not saying he’s a saint, I don’t know what to think of him honestly.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide