Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheSupremePatriarch
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Background Pony #64A4  
Most creative arts has a left-leaning slant. It’s been like that…Hell, that’s probably always been true for human history.

It’s just the nature of the thinking processes necessary to become an artist, you tend to “think outside the box” or you’re generally a bit weird. Such things sort of push you to becoming that way.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@TheHappySpaceman  
I was fine with the “Lion King” live-action/CGI remake, (especially with James Earl Jones reprising his role) but with so many other live action remakes announced on the horizon, Disney’s really going overboard, and starting to run the novelty of the idea into the ground.

Don’t get me wrong, the ‘90s “101 Dalmatians” was an interesting remake, in that it did some things different, while still staying somewhat true to the original. And the “Beauty and the Beast” remake was pretty good, and stayed almost entirely faithful to the original, (doing some things different here, and there) but it’s still no replacement for the original animated feature.  
And I kinda prefered Gaston literally stabbing the Beast in the back with a knife, as opposed to shooting him in the back, (several times) as it seems more symbolic of his treachery, and cowardliness.

Plus, I’m sorry, but “Aladdin” is one of my favorite Disney animated features, and I can’t imagine a new live-action one, especially with Robin Williams passed on.

@TheSupremePatriarch  
I dunno, I think some right-wingers or moderates can think outside the box, and be creative too. Politics have nothing to do with talent.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky  
@LightningBolt  
This doesn’t only count for Disney movie remakes, but live-action remakes in general. The animated one is, more often than not, fine as it is, and at best, a live-action remake winds up being completely unnecessary, while at worst, it’s downright awful and ruins the original’s enjoyability.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@igotnopicks  
TBF, that didn’t ruin the original’s enjoyability. It was just bad and I found it easy to ignore… at least until they announced that they were making another live-action version of it.

@LightningBolt  
Exactly! People who think that media needs to be “real” to pull an audience in are just too closed-minded. There are no limits to what animation can do. We just need to keep pushing.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@TheHappySpaceman  
@LightningBolt  
There are some exeptions, I liked the “George of the Jungle” live action movie when I was a kid, and it captured the sillyness of the old cartoon nicely, while fleshing it out more, and modernizing it a bit. In fact, I actually liked it better then the animated revival series they did a few years back.

The “Rocky & Bullwinkle” movie also did a good job with the characters, as well as satirizing itself, (and the concept of cartoons going live-action in general) much like the original show did. Plus, it had Jonathan Winters cameo in it.

Also, whatever happened to the reverse? Making animated cartoons out of live action movies?  
I know, some hate those, but personally, I loved the animated Beetlejuice, The Mask, and a few others as a kid.
TheSupremePatriarch
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Beau Skunky  
It’s a trend, not a rule.

Thing is flouting social norms is common in the arts, as is challenging traditional thinking, it doesn’t mean you can’t be conservative, but being a traditional conservative doesn’t really gel with that mindset.

Even most right winger artists tend to be of the libertarian sort anyway.

@PonyPon  
It’s problem was that it was utterly awful. Every line of dull, boring dialogue was exposition. Every emotion, if there was any, comically over the top. The ambiance sucked, the pacing sucked, the action sucked…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide