Zip Files... Help

General Discussion » Zip Files... Help Search Posts
Background Pony #E9ED
After a glitch wiped my save and a load of work from CoC, I decided to use a Save Editor to at least be able to get my transformations back.

unfortunately the base editor doesn’t cover any of it, and the other one is in ZIP format… which I have no clue how to use.

can somepony help me out?
Background Pony #E9ED
I know that much, and fairly sure I has a zip reader already.

its more of… then what?

ive come across ZIP stuff before and the normal file is… unfindable.
Sono
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

well once you extract it (or view it in the 7zip application) it should show you the contents of the file. For a lot of games and executables there’s a readme text file for what exactly you need to do, somewhere in there. If not, then it’s a specific case of whatever software it is you’re downloading :P
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@Background Pony  
I actually don’t think windows comes with a ZIP reader, granted I’m using 7 and don’t use any of the standard programs anyways.

Actually I just checked and apperantly you don’t need a special program on Win 8. The instructions on what you’re looking for are here.
Background Pony #E9ED
….  
‘open the compressed folder and then drag the files or folders you want to extract to a new location’ …

I don’t wanna move stuff I just wanna be able to use the darn thing!
gasmaskangel
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@Background Pony  
I’m familiar with the program you’re trying to use, and according to the instructions you do have to move the contents of the .zip to another folder.

link

After that you should be able to just use it like any other program.
Shadow Star
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

ok while ive managed to get the thing to work…  
I has no idea how to use the more important parts of it.  
the ‘raw data’ section… which has all the events, meetings, and such on it.

anyone got any info or a guide or something on how to use it?  
(the rest of it is easy enough to understand just need help with the ‘raw data’ section’
gasmaskangel
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@Shadow Star  
My general advice would be to make a separate save for experimenting with the raw data editing. Mostly it just lets you manipulate various statuses and event flags.

Anything specific you’re looking to do?
Shadow Star
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

ah that’s just it I dunno how to set the flags and such, it just says ‘score’  
does it work in binary, or some other calculatory method?  
that’s one part, and the other would be an explanation for what some of them actually do.
gasmaskangel
Artist -
Since the Beginning  -

@Shadow Star  
I’m looking at it now and it looks like it varies. Some stuff is just a simple yes/no and there just changing the zero to a one should work, but entries like URTA - Times Fucked you could probably enter any number you want.

Again I’d advise just experimenting with the values on a save set aside particularly for dicking about with this stuff, but then messing with Dwarf Fortress RAWs makes me inexplicably happy so you probably shouldn’t take my advice.

Check this thread about the editor of Fenoxo’s forums, they might be able to tell you more.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide