Subjects of Equestria! We are pleased to kick off the Nightmare Night Festivities and the 14th anniversary of the return of our beloved Princess Luna! Join us in celebration!

Vent thread

Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
I don’t like the people who ran PEGIDA, but faced with the fact that the new leaders had to resign over death threats and violence done by the counter protestors is ridiculous
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

will return
@Amana09  
I feel you, man. I hate it when they shoehorn in anything in an attempt to make it more PC. I honestly feel it has the opposite effect; it’s like saying “the only way we can make women interesting” is if we let them take up the mantle of a strong independant man. Why not, rather than doing that for the sake of creating strong independant females, just start fresh with a character that is a strong independant female? Hell, video games have been doing that since the dawn of time and it’s totally worked; hell, look at the entire female cast of Resident Evil: even the resident lol rookie damsel-in-distress Rebecca is fairly tough and bad-assed.

The same goes when they think they can’t have a stereotypical racial character or a weak female (or when they do and people flip right the fuck out). You don’t need all those characters to be these total powerful paragons; sometimes a woman is weak and pathetic, or like a black man is a drug-addled thieving slut, or a gay man is a total effeminate pervert.

@PonyPon  
Of course you can speak freely here. This is clearly called a vent thread; if anyone doesn’t like us venting, they can fuck right off and find another thread to visit.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@Amana09  
ok, I’ve also read about the new Captain America and this new Spiderman, I think I get it now. This sounds every bit as similar as Apple’s Diversity Report, every bit as shallow and overly simplistic presentation of the so called problem.
Gentlecolt

This is clearly called a vent thread; if anyone doesn’t like us venting, they can fuck right off and find another thread to visit.

this happens way too often. Someone says something like that to the crowd, and it leaves me endlessly wondering whether I inspired it somehow or not. Just to clarify, not a slightest problem here, whatsoever. Absolutely disgusting that I have to say this aloud to get a peace of mind
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
God fucking dammit, my fucking brother gave me his fucking cold, and after being miserable for a week and a half, the cold itself is gone, but now my fucking tonsils have swollen up and make everything I do with my throat(like, say, having one) agony, and my mother doesn’t care about this specific problem because she thinks it’s still just a cold I can pop pills on and forget.
AaronMk
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Sky funeral
I can’t view the You Laugh, You Lose thread without everything lagging hardcore.

Who posted what that’s killing everything?
Death2

YOU WILL BOW TO ME.
The Super Bowl.

Who the FUCK CARES about this complicated sport? And to overhype it to bloated levels…and my mom tells me to re-hook my cable to the TV (which I hadn’t had since I got rid of my DVR last month, due to how expensive it was getting), but after about an hour of being unable to get it to show me any working channels (and blaming me for missing the halftime show with Katy Perry, who is also overhyped as fuck) even when I select “Auto Program”…

Oh boo hoo, I missed out on watching two teams throw a brown ball back and forth. I’m not a sports guy, all right?
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -

stuck in limbo all of a sudden.. sometimes, my head is all there, but other times I feel like I can’t do much of anything and it’s a really weird feeling of being too much in control over my own life to a point where I impress most of everyone around, but then I slump back into fits that are embarrassing and just plain stupid for someone like me..

I really need to get my head out of the gutter… I don’t want to be the king of limbo anymore.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I’m going to control my anger for a brief moment to avoid getting banned…well control it to a degree.

So here’s this article

There’s a “parent” (read, any number of expletives into that) who said something very stupid. I’m just going to post the quote while I work on the voodoo doll.

It’s not my responsibility to inject my child with chemicals in order for [a child like Maggie] to be supposedly healthy,” he said. “As far as I’m concerned, it’s very likely that her leukemia is from vaccinations in the first place.”

“I’m not going to sacrifice the well-being of my child. My child is pure,” he added. “It’s not my responsibility to be protecting their child.”

CNN asked Wolfson if he could live with himself if his unvaccinated child got another child gravely ill.

“I could live with myself easily,” he said. “It’s an unfortunate thing that people die, but people die. I’m not going to put my child at risk to save another child.”

I cannot post my feelings, as they’d be more graphic than I choose to show. I want so many terrible things to happen to this man, you have no idea.

I’ll let AM describe my feelings
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Zincy  
Just from your excerpts, I could justify a host of painful acts.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the article’s even worse.

Where’s a guillotine when you really need one?
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@PonyPon

You have no idea the hatred I could type about him at this current juncture if the mods would allow it. If words could kill, I could type the Deathstar.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@Zincy  
so? Yea this is a bad example of a parent deciding what is best for their child but what alternative is there?  
The fact that this is getting so much attention without that question being considered makes me skeptical of the people pushing it.

Not you but… you know what I mean.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Whatevs

We almost had measles eliminated, we wiped out polio and smallpox. These are preventable illness that are existential threats to large portions of the population. No amount of “mah freedums”, no amount of “let the parents parent” will suffice here. Universal vaccinations, period.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@Zincy  
Yea, that is not a bad precedent.  
Only the unvaccinated will die, which is not many.

Picking battles is more important.

Hell, you can abort fetuses on the grounds of my body but can’t refuse vaccinations?

Unless significant negative externalities can be shown this is something to let go.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Whatevs

Incorrect. Lets talk herd immunity.

There are portions of the population that are still susceptible such as people undergoing chemo therapy. Same goes for people with auto-immune disorders, anemia, HIV, certain cancers, the elderly, pre-vax children, etc, etc. There are also people for whom the vaccinations don’t take. All those people are put at serious risk when herd immunity is compromised. Also, vaxs themselves aren’t a 100%, they rely on herd immunity to make up the last % points there.

The abortion debate is a false equivalence. Your abortion isn’t putting 100’s of people at risk for a life threatening illness.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@Zincy  
I said significant negative externalities.  
Now considering that vaccination abstaining is nothing new, what are the risks for such an outbreak?

I say that because most of those people are sequestered away from pathogens in general.  
And people are good about staying away from the sick so I don’t think the few people who stay away from vaccinations are a significant risk.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Whatevs

For measles, a moderate threat mostly to pre-vax and un-vax’d children. What I worry about is something like small-pox making a comeback. All it would take would be for herd immunity to be compromised enough for it to gain a foot hold, and it would be very hard to shake loose again. Even though resistance to vaccinations isn’t new, it’s becoming more common. I fear it might snowball, since most people aren’t old enough to remember the polio outbreaks…

I’ve done a lot of research on outbreaks and pandemics, and I’ve seen enough to know not to play a number game with this. Very small errors can lead to very large disasters.
Amana09
Artist -

@Zincy

I’ve about had it with these anti-vaccine idiots myself. They are getting way out of hand with things. I’m still glad that doctor said what he said about patients not vaccinating their children.
mariomarc
Thread Starter - Post Pics Of Yourself thread

Squiggy = Best Boyfriend
If I have to keep working 10 hour days, I’m just going to start driving in myself and just work 8’s  
It’s driving me crazy, but my dad is never going to take my side on this
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide