Users who have a character name from MLP as an Account Name

King Sombra
Thread Starter - Unpopular opinion time

You know i look around this Site for a while now and there haven’t been that many users who asked me about my user name.

But what do you actually think of users who use names of characters like me? I mean there are users here who are called Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle and one of our mods is called Princess Celestia.

Do you think it’s stupid, do you don’t really care, or do you actually like thinking that these people are actually these characters?
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
I’m indifferent. Though I find it amusing if they’re posting about like they’re RP’ing as that character and responding to images and posts in the voice of the character they’re emulating.
archestereo

…I really don’t see why I shouldn’t expect it from any fandom; after all, “highest form of flattery” and all that jazz. Heck, on the first forum I joined I named myself hypermetalshadow. (I went through several names after that and would eventually come up with something original that asserts my individual identity rather than my role in some collective or whatever.)
deactivatedf3da26fcfb9
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Artist -

I actually find it rather amusing and sometimes even kinda cute. Plus like AaronMk said, I too sometimes read out the posts in that character’s voice in my head, and depending on the post, can make it funnier.
Takuto_Shindou
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I can build a better relationship with someone that has a character-based account name, sometimes it’s what it differs it from other people whose usernames goes unnoticed.
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Assistant
Upload King
It’s funny when they make individually funny comments that fit the character (an example would be if, say, “Princess Celestia” were to enthusiastically respond to a picture of a cake). On the other hand, if they hold entire conversations in-character about fairly mundane things it get’s old real fast.

While we’re on the topic of accounts named after show characters, what ever happened to that carrot top guy? He used to comment constantly, but I haven’t seen him in months. And another character-inspired user name I can’t seem to remember… We need an “in honor of those who have left us” thread or something.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Clover the Clever
Oh right i forgot about you Clover. :P

See? It is easy to forget that those forum person-names are character names too. It’s like they are different things.

I can honestly say I was never reminded of the character while reading your posts.
Solitude
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Element of Generosity -

It’s funny when they make individually funny comments that fit the character (an example would be if, say, “Princess Celestia” were to enthusiastically respond to a picture of a cake).

Agreed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide