Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@TheHappySpaceman
Hating hereto is no different from hating homo.

Exactly! I don’t hate any ships or hate people who ship things, because life is too short to worry about stuff like that.

The only ships I even dislike are ones that feel forced, or like they come out of nowhere. The best ships are ones that feel realistic and have time to grow and develop, at least IMO.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
It’s very strange that everyone supports the Epstein didn’t kill himself theory  
I feel as if it’s being pushed for nefarious purposes but I can’t put my finger on it other than elites wanting to gaslight people
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
@WyrmSpawN  
I can’t lie though- the phenomenon of “People trying to call out others for cultural appropriation, only to accidentally expose themselves as racist” is pretty funny.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Silent_Witness  
Its hilarious how these people are demanding the media to whitewash minorities implying that non western cultures are “inferior” therefore characters like Apu is offensive

Do they realise they are outting themselves as Racist pieces of shit?
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
It’s a treacherous tightrope to walk. Many will say “They should hire the right person for the job”, which sounds all well and good. But in a fictional world where a character is whatever they’re written to be, what does “the right person” mean exactly? If it means whoever the director thinks best represents a character, well, how much of their decision making process going to be influenced by subconscious biases? How many people COULD have played a role really well, but who got passed over because of some gut feeling
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
I find that its quite hypocritical that many tumblr and facebook SJWs who complain about whitewashing black and Native American, and East Asian characters either remain totally silent or make up bullshit excuses for when a character who is known to be White/Caucasian gets rebooted and/or revamped as another race (example: The more recent “Annie” movie literally blackwashes Annie, who was originally a blonde white girl from the 1930s to the 1980s in all official iterations; now she’s a young black girl).
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Absol95

The big reasoning I tend to hear is “Cultural appropriation is far worse when a colonial power does it.” When a race that was historically subjugated does it, it’s simply not the same.

When a role normally given to a white person is given to a minority, that’s seen as readressing a balance, while the inverse happening is just adding to the problem.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide