Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

The_Mungoman
Thread Starter - /dis/gravity-falls
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

MLP:FiM is not the best children’s cartoon currently on the air.  
Neither is Legend of Korra or Adventure Time.

That crown goes to Gravity Falls.
ColdhardSilver
Thread Starter - Cartoon/Western Animation General

Culture Vulture
I like both very much and they both are things I enjoy watching and more to, but with that said I prefer cartoons to anime. Perhaps it’s influenced by my childhood or maybe that’s just my current taste, but I’ve been enjoying toons more recently.
The_Mungoman
Artist -

@ColdhardSilver  
I can see that.  
Whilst I personally can’t put my finger on which I like more, I can definitely see the extreme differences in pacing, drama, humour and action between cartoons and anime.

@igotnopicks  
I don’t know if I’m being stupid, but I don’t know what you’re trying to say with that.
uc9
Thread Starter - /nsfw-monster-musume-thread

Corrupter of the pure
I wish fandoms had a enforced rule of “don’t be a asshole”. What I mean by this is that in general the reason why I’ve left a bunch of fandoms in the past has been because people were assholes to anyone that people didn’t deem “worthy of being in <x fandom>”.

What I mean by this is that to use a analogy the reason why I left the furry fandom is you have to admit some of the people are huge assholes. The point at which I left the fandom was when MLP first became popular and well there was a huge shitstorm over how FA had a MLP banner for four days and there was death threats to the artist. Threatening to car bomb a artist just for a site banner for four days is unacceptable behavior. No it wasn’t just that, but I was in the fandom for a long time and the thing that annoyed me wasn’t that there were assholes, every fandom is going to have assholes, rather no one stopped them and sat them down and told them “hey threatening to kill people is not cool”.

A similar thing with MLP; the amount of assholery that goes on that no one stops is unacceptable. It’s not that there’s assholes, it’s that no one was stopping them. The point at which I left the fandom was during the twilicorn drama and someone stopped being my friend cause I was apathetic to Twilight in general. That entire argument summarized would be, “How dare your favorite pony not be Twilight! You can’t be a brony if your favorite pony isn’t Twilight! Anyone who disagrees with me isn’t a ‘true’ brony that is the cancer destroying the fandom! You’re no longer my friend; I hate you; never show your face to me again!”.
The_Mungoman
Artist -

@uc9  
Remember “Love and Tolerate”? Yeah, that shit sure worked.

See, the “don’t be an asshole”-rule you are thinking of is a rule that one needs for general human interaction. To make it a rule for fandoms especially would be silly and pointless.  
It’d be like saying “bronies shouldn’t murder others!” Yeah, but no one should murder others. So why make a rule like that for bronies in particular?
ColdhardSilver
Thread Starter - Cartoon/Western Animation General

Culture Vulture
@uc9  
I agree with your distant, but I disagree with your idea.  
Maybe it’s just in my experiences, but having general rule enforcement has mostly lead to giving those ruffians more reasons to create trouble (Along with the same problems Seraphim said). Also I rather not have the idea of “enforcement” in a fandom as it just makes me feel uncomfortable and probably others too.

And say what you will about “L&T”, but I personally would prefer that as it is encouragement not enforcement; remember that the whole “welcome to the herd” thing is one of the non-show-related reasons many decide to get involved in the fandom and even with the all arguments we get into I can’t really say I want to funnel people out. Heck I’ve participated in a couple of those debates ‘cause I kinda get some sick enjoyment/ a good convo with some people outta it, but I always try to keep it fair, not call others out, and try to calm others down that are on my side, but are too “zealous”; I’m not an asshole because of that, am I?

In the end, people what they will; if they choose to follow what others encourage it’s by their own will and if they create some trouble in the problem then you either tell them chill (while being chill; fire and fire equals more flames than burnouts) or go “Oh Well” with the force of every shrug pony on the booru.

This^ went on longer than I though it would. :P
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@SquiggyBomb  
No offense to either Israel or Palestine. But even by Tumblr standards, this is extremely malicious and a clear disregard to the sensitivities of humanity. This is what extremism does to people, it creates a toxic environment where resentment breeds.
uc9

Corrupter of the pure
@SquiggyBomb  
My opinion on the whole Israel vs Gaza debacle: both sides are a bunch of assholes that are dragging every day people into their shit fight and should leave everyone out of their shit.

I’ve known a couple people from that area and contrary to popular belief not everyone in Israel or Gaza hates each other; it’s just that the extreme ends of the political spectrum have all the political power and every time there’s a serious peace debate the political leaders send their most extremist individuals to represent them during peace talks. So of course any serious attempt at lasting peace gets destroyed cause if you aren’t a extremist you have jack shit say in anything.

To use a purely hypothetical scenario; imagine if say the USA was solely represented by extremist tea party members who believe that atheists should be euthanized and if you didn’t hold those political beliefs you had jack shit say in anything; now imagine if the sole political party in Canada was eco-terrorists who believed bombing power plants regardless of how many deaths encored were the sole political party and if you didn’t have the belief you had zero say in anything. Now imagine sitting these two groups sending a delegation and picking their most extremist of extreme members to represent them in a international talk; imagine how bad shit would hit the fan.

I’m going to get some shit for this, but I have had friends from Israel and the reason why there’s so many Jewish or such is that the government automatically counts you as Jewish and it’s kind of bullshit.  
“So are you Jewish or Muslim?”  
“I don’t really believe in either”  
“Jewish it is!” * stamp  
“Wait; I didn’t say I was Jewish”  
[plugs ears] I can’t hear you! You’re Jewish in denial!”  
“No; I never said I was Jewish”  
“Oh yes you are” *stamp *stamp *quadruple stamp  
There has been studies looking into the validity of how Israel claims to be majority Jewish, but they get their metaphorical neck snapped faster than “that guy who dies first” in a horror movie. A couple years back there was a couple studies into the non-religious population of Israel and it was somewhere around 40-50%, but I would take it with a grain of salt though cause it was semi-not official and more of “hey we need actual data that isn’t force fed to us by the Israeli government”. The one valid source of information I could find places around 40% of people are secular Jewish; as in culturally identify as Jewish, but don’t believe in god.

If you’re Atheist don’t ever visit Israel or Gaza cause the amount of bullshit they have to deal with is ridiculous.

Side note: culturally Jewish is not the same thing as religiously Jewish.

Tl:dr; Israel vs Gaza in a nutshell: the reason why there’s so much shit isn’t that the majority of people are assholes there, in fact the opposite, rather their countries glorify asshole behavior.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@uc9  
Jewish is also an ethnic thing.  
They have about a dozen or so genetic diseases that specifically afflict them. Hence the sickly hypochondriac stereotype.

And if your mother is Jewish, you are Jewish according to their rules.
uc9

Corrupter of the pure
@uc9
Jewish is also an ethnic thing.
And if your mother is Jewish, you are Jewish according to their rules.

And there’s the fucking problem in a nutshell:  
“If you’re ethnically Jewish then you’re religiously Jewish”

Also derp I accidentally mixed up Gaza and Palestine; I don’t know how I made that dumb mistake; fixed it.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@uc9  
Then what are those “Jewish atheists”, “Jewish Christians”, etc I keep hearing about?

Jews are cool people. And I trust that not all of them are greedy, Zionist, nor do they all have some sort of superiority complex. But Zionism has been blamed for much of this shit that goes on in the Middle East and abroad. The most bullshit thing about all this is, that they automatically brand you as an Anti-Semite for even making the slightest criticism towards Zionism and and State of Israel. Or even questioning their methods. I get that Israel has the right to defend itself as a country. But so should the Palestinians, like EVERYBODY else. But that does not justify going into someone Else’s homes and massacring thousands of people just because a few people on your side were allegedly murdered by your enemies.

There is a number of Jews who are opposed to Israel’s methods  
Many of them look well educated.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@uc9  
Perhaps the only to get them to stop fighting, is if there is a way to threaten ALL SIDES with absolute destruction if they don’t stop fighting.

The Cold War never ended, nor did it ever begin. Wars are all the same.
uc9

Corrupter of the pure
@SeraphimDawn  
Not really; they’ll continue their shit.

The only viable option is to reduce the factors that lead to war.

What I mean by this is that it’s pretty obvious at this point that Hillary will win; which means drastic military budget cuts to the point the USA’s military is already preparing for it three years in advanced. Hopefully this means less weapons going to middle east countries. Putin’s a dick and obviously going to win his next election, but the least we can do is just walk away from the cock fight. To use a analogy the vast majority of Assad’s forces in Syria are armed with Russian military equipment and on the same tone we’ve been giving weaponry to the rebels; if we just would have kept our noses out of their business the civil war would have never happened or it would not be to this extent.

The problem right now world conflict wise is interventionism; giving a bunch of guns to middle east countries isn’t going to bring about peace and they’re obviously never going to stop with the their shit so the least we can do is stop giving them candy to fuel their sugar addiction.

To use a analogy think of the world militaristically as a fat kid that their parents, USA and Russia(I know this part of the analogy doesn’t work, just go with it so I can explain it better), constantly feeds them nothing but junk food 24/7 to the point that the kid breakfast eats Wendy’s, lunch eats Burger King and for dinner eats McDonalds. Of course the kid is going to get fat; if their parents would just start feeding them right the kid would lose a lot of weight.

Interventionism does not work and only makes the kid fatter so the best option is to stop giving out metaphorical candy.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@uc9  
The “bad guys” are not going to give up their nukes, unless the “good guys” get rid of theirs too.  
North Korea even expressed that. Why should we get rid of our NW if you are not giving up on yours?

I don’t normally like to talk about politics and religion anymore…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide