The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Angrybrony
Watched it.
Fucking TRASH. OMG. I’m SO exhausted. 2hr 15m felt like FOUR hours to me. It’s a slog, without any creative direction, nor visual identity, nor any halfway decent lorebuilding.
I do NOT want to see Zac Snyder cook on his own ever again. Somebody needs to put him on a leash. He has a distinct directing style that I appreciate but MY GOD don’t let him get drunk with his own hype.
edit: PART ONE?! you mean there’ll be MORE of this garbage?!
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Angrybrony
From what I heard it is basically rehashing beat for beat the Star Wars story so yeah kinda probably worse depending on how you look at it.
@tehwatever
Snyder’s movies would probably about a quarter of their runtime if the slowmo scene were at normal speed.
Also not only is this part one but there’s already talk of a Snyder Cut so get ready for the actual four hour version because that’s what he’s known for now.
Motherfucker you are on a streaming service already you don’t need to cut down your “vision” just to repackage it later with more shit!
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

WORSE. with sequel trilogy you still have a distinctly Star Wars experience. With Rebel Moon I can’t even tell WHAT I’m watching.
It has NO identity. It’s like a generic AI generated forgettable generic sci-fi that didn’t even try anything novel or ironic or subversive.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Darth Prime
True dat.
I swear to god 2 HOURS and I’m getting very little on the characters. It’s basically all slo-mo glorious shots of ppl doing stupid shit with emotional music in the background.
It’s asinine and it’s rotting my brain.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Angrybrony
Kinda.
The bad guy gets beaten at the end but comes back to life so it’s like they have to fight the guy they already beat in the same way Rey beats Kylo Ren in the first movie so it’s like how can he still be a threat?
It’s also like a ripoff of Mass Effect 2 cause we gotta assemble a team of ultimate badass to fight the Space NAZIs.
Commune
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Snyder is the opposite of Roman Polanski
He’s seemingly a great human being who everyone enjoys working with but holy fuck who let this man sit on the director’s chair
He should’ve remained as DOP
Spidey10

Anybody saw Zac Snyder’s Netflix original Rebel Moon?
Any good? Why does it seem like one of them lotr star wars but 300 to me?
I’m a big Zack Snyder fan and I was really disappointed in the film. To me it felt dull and hollow (In terms of the characters) and obviously edited down from an R rating to a PG-13 one. I’m hoping the director’s cut and sequel are better, but as of right now Rebel Moon is my least favorite film of his.
It was originally pitched as a Star Wars spin-off many years ago.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
What’s this trope called?
A group of 4 characters that’s actually more like 3 because the 4th person always gets sidelined/ignored/killed in like 75% of their appearances.
In other words, a trio with a constant 4th wheel that always comes back for some reason.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
As a kid I always found it weird how the Krusty Crab didn’t have more workers:
I used to think that the newer seasons would introduce new characters that would join the Krusty Crew permanently but I eventually realized that Spongebob isn’t a “continuity/story” heavy show like 95% of the time.
Still, I often wonder how plausible it would be to run even a small yet popular restaurant with only the owner and two employees.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I used to work for a security business that only had like 8 people total.
3 people to run a restaurant is pretty small, but since Krabs only runs 1 restaurant (not counting the first movie) and is repeatedly shown to not care about forcing his employees to work overtime it’s not unusual. It’s kinda sus that he makes his frycook also do janitorial jobs, but we’ve also seen a few times that the Krusty Krab has low food and health ratings so eh.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@CaptainXtra
As a kid I used to fantasize about Spongebob actually having character arcs and a broad story.
Sometimes I kind of wish it were that way, and we’d see Squidward and Spongebob slowly come to an understanding.
But I guess that would ruin the point of Spongebob, huh?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide