The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Shadiversity is totally not the guy you’d want to defend AI from a digital artist PoV.
Regardless of what one’s position in AI assisted creative activities, Shad’s Love Letter to AI is the worst way to argue for it, because Shad is always demonstrating the opposite of what he’s saying.
He says he’s using the AI like painting or drawing, when it’s mostly prompting and photoediting.
He says “I’m in full control” when It’s mostly AI Gacha Rerolling until he gets something that resembles what he wants.
He says he’s using his experience as a talented artist to fix mistakes when a major glaring beginner mistake was never addressed. (I’m a beginner, I should know).
He says the final result is his unique AI style, when it looks like any other tell-tale photorealistic, highly saturated, over-rendered style the AI is known for, without the six fingers / derpy eyes issue.
Kept saying AI-Assisted image, but imo it was the opposite: It was Human-Assisted AI generated image. What Shad did was tweak stuff.
Regardless of one’s position on AI, Shad is not your guy.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Do I think Shad’s a digital artist? YES. Do I think AI artists are digital artists in general? YES.
They’re about as digital artist as someone who does Poser / Gmod / SFM pics and videos. Grab asset, pose, light, place camera, edit. Is cool.
But unlike Shad, when I did Gmod I wouldn’t say stuff like me producing better art than I would have had I drawn it on my own. It just means I’ve made a Gmod picture, and that it was more convenient that drawing it from scratch.
To Shad’s credit tho; He did say he loved creating, he just didn’t enjoy the act of mark-making. He should have left it there, but when he started going on a weird monologue on how he could draw like an expert (that’s a lie) except unlike normie artbros he just didn’t like drawing, I thought it was a weird flex but ok.
Dude’s self-absorbed and he ain’t suitable as anybody’s representative except himself.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
These two secretly being a thing is something I will never let go of:
Even a kid, I sensed some sort of behind the scenes relationship….
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
Just came across a one star review for weird. The al yankovic story for mixing facts with fiction.
That was literally the point of the movie
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
So I heard that Sith go with red sabers cuz they literally make their Crystals get loaded up with negative emotions.
Next thing you know they wear black cuz they made the fabric itself feel sad and shit…
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Apparently in Legends canon it was just because red crystals were the only ones available on Korriban. It then became traditional to use red sabers later.
In Disney it’s now because sith literally “bleed” their crystals to pull more power from them. Which is weird but something something the Force.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide