Viewing last 25 versions of post by tehwatever in topic The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Shadiversity is totally not the guy you'd want to defend AI from a digital artist PoV.

Regardless of what one's position in AI assisted creative activities, Shad's *Love Letter to AI* is the worst way to argue for it, because Shad is always demonstrating **the opposite** of what he's saying.

He says he's using the AI like painting or drawing, when it's mostly prompting and photoediting.

He says "I'm in full control" when It's mostly AI Gacha Rerolling until he gets something that resembles what he wants.

He says he's using his experience as a talented artist to fix mistakes when a major glaring beginner mistake was never addressed. (I'm a beginner, I should know).

He says the final result is his unique AI style, *when it looks like any other tell-tale photorealistic, highly saturated, over-rendered style the AI is known for, without the six fingers / derpy eyes issue.*

Kept saying AI-Assisted image, but imo it was the opposite: It was Human-Assisted AI generated image. What Shad did was tweak stuff.

Regardless of one's position on AI, Shad is not your guy.
No reason given
Edited by tehwatever