The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
If you’re gonna watch one anime this season, watch Mieruko. It’s not my favorite of the season, as I think My Senpai is Annoying is better, but Mieruko does a phenomenal job of mixing genres. It’s part horror, part comedy, part heartwarming, and part sadness. There’s some fanservice in the first couple episodes, but that’s the case with the first couple chapters. The rest of the series has very little fanservice.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Marvel’s Eternals has been getting shaky reviews. A central theme amongst reviews are that it tries to be something unique but held back by the MCU trappings, for better or for worse.
Notably it’s the only MCU movie to (temporarily) get a Rotten rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
To which I say to them: It took like 14 years but the MCU finally made a dud. So, uh, GG?
But yeah, after Guardians was a surprise runaway success it was thought that the MCU could make anything work as long as it’s not one of their TV shows. But after a back to back Meh of Black Widow and now Eternals, that streak has apparently been broken.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Dustcan
Well maybe this will cause some kind of equilibrium shrift in Disney’s properties.
MCU drops but Star Wars picks up.
I mean hell what you just said about MCU movies and TV shows the inverse kinda applies to Star Wars (tho MCU shows averaged out better than recent Star Wars movies).
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
@ichiban iceychan 1517
I think for BW it was what I feared, people lost interest in it after being delayed due to the pandemic. (Same with F9)
Besides, it led to the death of the Premier Access thingy now that ScarJo sued Disney (caring about money than the safety of people) and because of that all 2021 releases are theatrical only, making audiences risk their lives to see a movie especially with the Delta variant.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
That crossed my mind when I had to specify only the films. But dayum, the Inhumans was such a dud that not only was it the only show made explicitly non-canon, but the Inhumans film reboot got canned as well. And now it looks like Kamala may or may not be made an Nuhuman anyway.
The Inhumans just hasn’t been lucky in the MCU.
Also BW has been a financial success - of course it has it’s still MCU. But the reception has been a pretty solid “Meh” to it. Eternals has been getting a Meh reception ahead of it’s release, but it remains to be seen if the that’s limited to critics and/or if it still makes bank.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Hollowfox Jaeger
It wasn’t because ScarJo cared more about money than people’s safety it was because her contract said it would be a theatrical release only.
Disney COULD have renegotiated that contract her but DID NOT renegotiate.
The fault there was Disney’s not hers.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
It also doesn’t help that this came out around the height of when Marvel was shilling the Inhumans as the next big “Thing” in Marvel and constantly pushing the X-Men away, so by that point I think pretty much everyonr vwas just sick and tired seeing the Inhumans everywhere
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
IIRC it was actually that her contract only compensated her for theatrical earnings. So when they decided for a simultaneous streaming release it meant she was denied money from the Disney+ downloads.
So Disney didn’t break contract, but their refusal to give her any of the share from the stream was still a dick move.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Dustcan
Yeah I was reading up on it.
And she and her people tried to get in contact with Marvel/Disney about renegotiating because they were expecting that.
My point is ScarJo is not the bad guy there that’s just what Disney wanted people to think while they cut her out on their profit.
Background Pony #43A7
Can flanderization actually improve a character sometimes? Like a character before would be so unexplored and so generic that sometimes focusing on one trait more would makes him more well defined.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide