The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
Eternals is receiving mixed reviews rn
I’m placing my bets on two reasons
  1. it shakes things up but not enough, so casual MCU fans are pissed because they didn’t get the typical marvel experience and critics are pissed because it’s basically the same shit with a few things changed that they ultimately don’t think changes what they feel is the problem with the MCU formula
  2. the old “movie falls apart during the third act”, a marvel staple and the reason why I despise Iron Man 3(it had potential damn it!)
    Ultimately I think this quote from Justin Chang of the LA times sums my feelings up right now
    ”You walk out in the depressing realization that you’ve seen one of the more interesting movies Marvel will ever make, and hopefully the least interesting one Chloé Zhao will ever make”
Background Pony #120A
casual MCU fans are pissed because they didn’t get the typical marvel experience
What “casual MCU fans” have even seen it yet? The movie doesn’t open theatrically until November.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Zincy
This.
Cosmic Horror stories rely on the utter humiliation and insignificance the reader or the human characters feels when faced with cosmic horror entity. It comes from the realization of meaninglessness and the removal of importance from a character. The most savage ego-crushing feeling ever.
That sinking feeling of hopelessness. That you merely survived not only because the cosmic horror allows you to, but because it hasn’t even noticed you and even it did, considers you mere space dust along with the rest.
The discovery that at any unlucky moment you may get in the way of a cosmic horror not thru any fault of your own nor by the intent of the horror, and get absolutely destroyed without any meaningful way of fighting back, that discovery usually is what keeps characters mad.
There is no resistance, there is no retaliation, there is no winning. If a cosmic horror comes your way, best you can do is hope it misses you.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@CaptainXtra
Wild animal is still within prediction, and they have intent that is comprehensible.
Cosmic Horror really makes you appreciate every second that they havent randomly does something that puts your existence at risk.
A step above it would be that you may already be under their influence and they have actually killed you, but brought you back to life without you even noticing it.
An entity whose blue and orange morality escapes your sense of justice and fairness, who has full control of your existence and has actually shaped your life from beginning to current, and has actually destroyed and recreated you multiple times, all without any rhyme or reason, nor malice.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Imma watch Dune in 30 min.
Gonna be internally complaining the entire 2 hrs about its utter lack of salam alaikum ya muad’dib ya usul sabah al khair are we going on a JIHAD fii sabilillah today?
The Fremen ppl are literally arabs in space. If Villanueva changed them into some nondescript indigenous people imma have to slap somebody.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I forgive DUNE 2021.
The amount of hijab / headcover per hour was WAY higher than normal and just for that I’m okay with it. Loved it even.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

So DUNE 2021 happens to be one of my fave movie thus far. I liked Free Guy because it tugs at me strings of heart but I have to give Dune the edge due to subjective trivial things.
  1. Hijab obviously. Like, there so many random moments of women in a headcover one way or another, be they semi transparent, practical or ritual. I LOVE IT. I aint never seen a hollywood movie with this many hijab per hour. This fact alone might just make DUNE 2021 my fave of all time.
Watch. I bet even the Kamala movie will have less hijab in it.
  1. The knife fights. I appreciate that DUNE moved away from the Samurai-ish swordfighting of Star Wars or the WuXia Hongkong style and implemented southeast asian short-blade style a la Kali or Silat.
  2. Landscape shots that feels straight out of concept art. Half of the shots are just gorgeous. Every scene has a very limited color palette to them, and makes it easy on my eyes.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide