Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Super Mario Maker Thread

SuperDEF

then the team did a survey with Club Nintendo to see what people thought of the story in Super Paper Mario and it came back with less then 1% thinking it was interesting, so that’s why the story in SS is how it is.

And that, my friend, is where allllll the problems began.

1. Miyamoto relied solely on Club Nintendo instead extending his research.

2. The fans weren’t even aware that the surveys affects the outcomes of the games development. A lot of people were only in it for the coins and getting free stuff.

Heck, even I didn’t know about that and I’m usually on their club’s site all the time.

3. Regarding the surveys again, there wasn’t any heavy statement (that I know of) that the surveys will be Nintendo’s only source of information about customer’s satisfactions, experiences, and voicing their opinions.

Now comparing back then to this present time, Nintendo seem to have final discovered the internet (from what I have seen personally with their YouTube channel, Twitter, and Facebook). With their resources expanded they are able to much better feedback from their fans rather than just a survey that will give you free stuff.
Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@SuperDEF  
Wrong  
  1. Miyamoto had the idea before the they when to Club Nintendo to see what people thought.  
  2. The servery they did was a separate ones for the game opinion ones, no coins to get from it.  
  3. As I said in two, it was not like the others and there was statement saying it would effect a new game.

Yes, they should of checked more places but they didn’t use Club Nintendo without letting it be know what they where after.
SuperDEF

@Prof.NightJack
And I don’t like Sticker Star because it wasn’t good in two departments.
Story and inventory management.(Yeah I don’t like inventory management.)

What makes it worse that, not only the Paper Mario series is under new developers, but their original beta was similar to The Thousand Year Door, but Miyamoto stepped in and said, “Nope”.
bg poni
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@SuperDEF  
What I find weird is that he wanted it changed because it looked too similar to the first two Paper Mario’s, but it’s fine for the Mario & Luigi series to have very similar gameplay and look for every game.
SuperDEF

1. So you’re saying that Miyamoto had intentions to add the sticker mechanics in the game or he was planning on looking up other forums but ultimately used Club Nintendo’s information instead?

2. Uh, no, if I recall you’ll get a small amount of coins for registration (1st survey) and more coins later by completing the feedback (2nd survey).

1. As I said in two, it was not like the others and there was statement saying it would effect a new game.
Yes, they should of checked more places but they didn’t use Club Nintendo without letting it be know what they where after.

Than this raised the question whether how much advertisement Nintendo did to ensure how important the surveys are or did many people really just didn’t care that much back then?
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
  1. I said Miyamoto had the idea of no story before any input, I said nothing of any other parts of the game.  
    Input for others did not factor into him having the idea.

2. Again no, I took that very survey and there where no coins, the ones for coins other then the first one where for things you registered with the the Club.
SuperDEF

@SuperDEF
What I find weird is that he wanted it changed because it looked too similar to the first two Paper Mario’s, but it’s fine for the Mario & Luigi series to have very similar gameplay and look for every game.

In terms of graphics and slight tweaks in the battle systems with the gimmick Bros Attacks, those are the only real changes for the Mario & Luigi series. The only thing Miyamoto did to “Mario & Luigi: Dream Team” was requsting Bowser to be the main villain and I honestly believe AlphaDream handled that real well.
SuperDEF

1. I’m assuming you got this from “Iwata Ask” regarding Sticker Star; Miyamoto planned to have the next Paper Mario with no story regardless of what results he found on the surveys? This whole time I have been reading (from other sources) that it’s was beacuse of the surveys that he decided there should be no story.

2)That can’t be right man. I have been registering games ever since I found out about Sticker Star; every game I bought since then from retailer’s and the eshop I always earn coins from registrations and overreviws. Unless you’re saying there’s a third survey…
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
  1. Yes, the team making the game decided there should be no story beacuse of the surveys, but they looked into that because Miyamoto was already pushing the idea on his own

2. “I have been registering games ever since I found out about Sticker Star”  
    That might be why, the survay came up for me a time before we know of Sticker Star, you where late.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide