Viewing last 25 versions of post by Cirrus Light in topic [Dark] Depression/Suicides within the fandom (The revival)

Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
"[@SirBumpaous":](/dis/possibly-dark-depressionsuicides-within-the-fandom-the-revival/post/3431157#post_3431157
)  
Where did you get that figure?

Considering the complexity of life, the Lovecraftian other-worldness of the ability of the brain to perceive reality, and "[how intelligent life is basically impossible":](https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xbSHn4Fbu4) , and that I think the anthropic principle by itself is somewhat impotent since it assumes intelligent life exists to ask questions but from a materialistic point of view the universe doesn't care if it has any intelligent life or not - I'd reflect on the fact that we're essentially Boltzmann Brains and say the odds of me existing are not 1 in 400 billion, but for all intents and purposes, my conscious existence is impossible.

That life exists is nothing short of miraculous.

That I am an intelligent being, in the modern era of wonders, and in a first world country, and decently well-off does not place me in the top 1%, it places me in the top .00000000001% of the top 1% of the top 1% of existence.

I'm too busy feeling awe, wonder and amazement at my existence, my ability to perceive my existence and my ability to know the existence around me to be thankful.

Not existential dread, but an even more powerful existential wonder that my consciousness even exists, in the beautiful universe of harmony and order - that obeys natural laws, and that I am a being that can recognize this, my own existence, and come to understand those natural laws at some level.

The wonder of this is beyond imagination and beyond compare...
No reason given
Edited by Cirrus Light
Cirrus Light
Economist -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under his artist tag

Sciencepone of Science!
"@SirBumpaous":/dis/possibly-dark-depressionsuicides-within-the-fandom-the-revival/post/3431157#post_3431157
Where did you get that figure?

Considering the complexity of life, the Lovecraftian other-worldness of the ability of the brain to perceive reality, and "how intelligent life is basically impossible":https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xbSHn4Fbu4 , and that I think the anthropic principle by itself is somewhat impotent since it assumes intelligent life exists to ask questions but from a materialistic point of view the universe doesn't care if it has any intelligent life or not - I'd reflect on the fact that we're essentially Boltzmann Brains and say the odds of me existing are not 1 in 400 billion, but for all intents and purposes, my conscious existence is impossible.

That life exists is nothing short of miraculous.
No reason given
Edited by Cirrus Light