Viewing last 25 versions of post by PixelatedPony in topic Unpopular opinion time

PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
[@2012InMyHeart](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5342187#post_5342187)

Well it was from this specific comment:

> Not sure if this is a unpopular opinion (depends on your view I guess)
> But I really miss the old days, When the community was more of a herd invading fandoms left and right
> Trolling pony haters, converting people you name it.
> As things have calmed down Bronies seem to have drifted in to sub groups which is fine of course
> But damn do I miss being a part of that initial surge

I disagreed and to my that basically read as harassing people.
You doubled down then we went back and forth and things escalated.

I'll just say this - there's nothing wrong about vocal about things you're passionate about, I could talk for hours about games I like, but in my opinion the approach of how you express your likes is the difference between being seen as enthusiastic or just outright annoying or even malicious depending on how far you take it.
That to me is what gives some fanbases a bad rep including bronies, it makes people want to be less vocal about MLP for example, you could just have a pony pfp and people would throw a fit because of the stigma behind it and what the vocal minority did or said, which gets real tiring at this point.

No reason given
Edited by PixelatedPony
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
[@2012InMyHeart](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5342187#post_5342187)

> But I really miss the old days, When the community was more of a herd invading fandoms left and right
> Trolling pony haters, converting people you name it.
> As things have calmed down Bronies seem to have drifted in to sub groups which is fine of course
> But damn do I miss being a part of that initial surge

I'll just say this - there's nothing wrong about vocal about things you're passionate about, I could talk for hours about games I like, but in my opinion the approach of how you express your likes is the difference between being seen as enthusiastic or just outright annoying.
That to me is what gives some fanbases a bad rep including bronies, it makes people want to be less vocal about MLP for example, you could just have a pony pfp and people would throw a fit because of the stigma behind it and what the vocal minority did or said, which gets real tiring at this point.

No reason given
Edited by PixelatedPony
PixelatedPony

Luna Best Princess

But I really miss the old days, When the community was more of a herd invading fandoms left and right
Trolling pony haters, converting people you name it.
As things have calmed down Bronies seem to have drifted in to sub groups which is fine of course
But damn do I miss being a part of that initial surge

I'll just say this - there's nothing wrong about vocal about things you're passionate about, I could talk for hours about games I like, but in my opinion the approach of how you express your likes is the difference between being seen as enthusiastic or just outright annoying.
No reason given
Edited by PixelatedPony