Viewing last 25 versions of post by PixelatedPony in topic Unpopular opinion time

PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
[@Cosmas-the-Explorer](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=5282141#post_5282141)
> ESSAY TIME!
> >>2418531t
> >>2334410t
> Despite what many think, I think Moondancer and Twilight have different personalities despite their similarities.
>
> In the first image, Twilight and Moondancer were debating the proper order of a recipe. Moondancer tried to correct Twilight and said she read ahead. But Twilight also read ahead and it turned out Moondancer had a completely different book. And you csn just see Moondancer's embarassment.
>
> In the second image, Twilight is reluctantly in that group photo but Moondancer wants to be with Twilight there.
>
> I think these tell a lot that was not mentioned. Here's how I see it (some of this goes into headcanon territory).
>
> Moondancer while relucsive and a bookworm, is not very organized and doesn't apply her knowledge in ways teachers would be looking for. Whereas Twilight is not only well organized but well spoken and has very powerful magic. Twilight clearly is a prodigy.
>
> Even in their manestyles. Twilight in the pilot even when anti social still kept her mane well kempt and she is clear able to speak eloquently and is also well mannered even if she was unamused. The epitome of a good civil servant. Moondancer on the other hand looked filthy, unorganized and was much more blunt.
> >>929633t
>
> I think Twilight even if she was anti social was well liked or at least respected for magic ability and hee composure. I can even see colts trying to ask her out. Twilight of course would reject socialization. Moondanxer on the other was not only anti social nonconformist but also seen as kind of a loser. She didn't have the talent that Twilight had.
>
> So for Moondancer, she tried to emulate Twilight right down to her manestyle. And tried to get her approval often ending in failure.
>
> When Twilight didn't go to the party, Moondancer felt like it was almost like Twilight was telling her she was too good to hang out with someone like Moondancer.
>
> Of course luckily they came back together and became friends again.
>
> The best part about similar characters is how they are different. It's easy to point out how Rainbow and Twilight but ponies who are on paper similar but actually have differences is really fascinating to look at.

Your headcanon gave moondancer more character than the show did, bravo!
No reason given
Edited by PixelatedPony