Viewing last 25 versions of post by CronoM in topic Unpopular opinion time

CronoM

"[@Egil":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4631252#post_4631252
)  
It's not that her chances of reformation were higher, they WERE lower then most except Tirek and Chrysalis and a few others, but the attempts and avenues to reform given to her were also some the lowest ever given. They presented Cozy Glow as a "spawn of Satan" esque character, which is fine in some shows, but very out of place in a show about friendship and reformation.

Up to a point, her sentences should have been lighter and handled with more expert counseling then dealing with Chrysalis and Tirek. **Yes, because she's a child.** She is still in her formulative years, and writing her off as an irredeemable spawn or Satan character is just irresponsible for a reformation show.

But as I said, **to a point**. As her crimes grew too numerous and her actual threat to Equestria grew, those two factor's combined, less amnesty should be given.

While I don't completely agree with the petrification thing, and I definitely think they botched actual efforts to reform her when they threw her in Tartarus, I do agree that regardless of all the mistakes on the heroes fault in dealing with her before her crimes grew too big, she should share the same fate as Chrsalis and Tirek, whatever that may be in,such a theory. (Some have suggested complete power removal and exile)

"

[
@Star Seeker":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4631223#post_4631223
T
)  
Wow, t
hat's a whole lot of backpedaling and half way excuses you got in that reply.

Yes, you like assumptions and lack of effort, and I like facts and effort, whether they succeed or not, effort should be done to help children more then adults. We are antithesis of each other. Formulative years and good therapy are not to be underestimated.

I actually don't mind Spawn of Satan type characters in other shows, but after Diamond Tiara got reformed, it came across as cheap and out of place. And sending her to Tartarus just felt really weird, it isn't exactly a normal locked ward for troubled children, her roommate is the devil. Whether she showed signs of repentance immediately or potentially in the future after giving her time to reflect, does roommating her with a muscle obsessed Satan sound like even a remotely good idea?
No reason given
Edited by CronoM
CronoM

"@Egil":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4631252#post_4631252
It's not that her chances of reformation were higher, they WERE lower then most except Tirek and Chrysalis and a few others, but the attempts and avenues to reform given to her were also some the lowest ever given. They presented Cozy Glow as a "spawn of Satan" esque character, which is fine in some shows, but very out of place in a show about friendship and reformation.

Up to a point, her sentences should have been lighter and handled with more expert counseling then dealing with Chrysalis and Tirek. *Yes, because she's a child.* She is still in her formulative years, and writing her off as an irredeemable spawn or Satan character is just irresponsible for a reformation show.

But as I said, *to a point*. As her crimes grew too numerous and her actual threat to Equestria grew, those two factor's combined, less amnesty should be given.

While I don't completely agree with the petrification thing, and I definitely think they botched actual efforts to reform her when they threw her in Tartarus, I do agree that regardless of all the mistakes on the heroes fault in dealing with her before her crimes grew too big, she should share the same fate as Chrsalis and Tirek, whatever that may be in,such a theory. (Some have suggested complete power removal and exile)

"@Star Seeker":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4631223#post_4631223
That's a whole lot of backpedaling and half way excuses you got in that reply.

Yes, you like assumptions and lack of effort, and I like facts and effort, whether they succeed or not, effort should be done to help children more then adults. We are antithesis of each other. Formulative years and good therapy are not to be underestimated.

I actually don't mind Spawn of Satan type characters in other shows, but after Diamond Tiara got reformed, it came across as cheap and out of place. And sending her to Tartarus just felt really weird, it isn't exactly a normal locked ward for troubled children, her roommate is the devil. Whether she showed signs of repentance immediately or potentially in the future after giving her time to reflect, does roommating her with a muscle obsessed Satan sound like even a remotely good idea?
No reason given
Edited by CronoM
CronoM

Up to a point, her sentences should have been lighter and handled with more expert counseling then dealing with Chrysalis and Tirek. *Yes, because she's a child.* She is still in her formulative years, and writing her off as an irredeemable spawn or Satan character is just irresponsible for a reformation show.

But as I said, *to a point*. As her crimes grew too numerous and her actual threat to Equestrian grew, those two factor's combined, less amnesty should be given.

I actually don't mind Spawn of Satan type characters in other shows, but after Diamond Tiara got reformed, it came across as cheap and out of place. And sending her to Tartarus just felt really weird, it isn't exactly a normal locked ward for troubled children, her roommate is the devil.
No reason given
Edited by CronoM
CronoM

But as I said, *to a point*. As her crimes grew too numerous and her actual threat to Equestrian grew, those two factor's combined, less amnesty should be given.

While I don't completely agree with the petrification thing, and I definitely think they botched actual efforts to reform her when they threw her in Tartarus, I do agree that regardless of all the mistakes on the heroes fault in dealing with her before her crimes grew too big, she should share the same fate as Chrsalis and Tirek, whatever that may be. (Some have suggested complete power removal and exile)

I actually don't mind Spawn of Satan type characters in other shows, but after Diamond Tiara got reformed, it came across as cheap and out of place. And sending her to Tartarus just felt really weird, it isn't exactly a normal locked ward for troubled children, her roommate is the devil.
No reason given
Edited by CronoM