Viewing last 25 versions of post by Vivace in topic Unpopular opinion time

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
[bq]
> *
*Cozy Glow**: … Yay! All my friends are safe!

> *
*Applejack**: You can drop the act, Cozy Glow! Your pen pal Tirek told us all about how he helped you suck up all that magic!

> *
*Twilight Sparkle**: But I still don’t understand why.

> *
*Cozy Glow**: [growls] Why?! Because friendship is power! You might be the Princess of Friendship, but as headmare of this school, I can collect even more friends than you!

>
[students murmuring]

> *
*Twilight Sparkle**: You’re the one who doesn’t get it, Cozy. Friendship is powerful, but power isn’t why you make friends. I’m sorry I couldn’t teach you that.

> *
*Gallus**: Well, you taught us.

> *
*Silverstream**: You can’t let one bad apple make you think you failed.

> *
*Sandbar**: And we never could’ve stopped her if we hadn’t learned what you taught us about friendship.

> *
*Cozy Glow**: Honesty? Loyalty? Generosity? Blah-blah-blah! I can make more friends without using any of them! And if I can’t do it here, I’ll do it somewhere else![/bq]
This is Twilight attempting to reach out to Cozy Glow, who proceeds to spit on the idea of making friends through being honest, loyal, and generous. This is not somepony eager to see her put away in Tartarus. Even if I accept that Cozy was offered no 2nd chance, her attitude demonstrates not only that she didn’t yet deserve one, but that she wouldn’t even want one for the purpose of becoming a better pony. Given one, I have no doubt that she’d continue to deceive and manipulate them into thinking she was genuinely reformed. But until Cozy said that she could collect more friends than Twilight, I’m sure that Twilight believed she was salvageable. And fitting to what I said before, this is after the battle has been decided.

——————————

Let’s be honest: how would a trial for Cozy Glow even go without resembling/amounting to a kangaroo court? Who’sd be willing to be a lawyer for the defense? Best ruling to be hoped for is not guilty by reason of insanity, but I think she could still be ruled sufficiently sane to stand trial, thwarting the insanity plea.
No reason given
Edited by Vivace
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
[bq]*Cozy Glow*: … Yay! All my friends are safe!
*Applejack*: You can drop the act, Cozy Glow! Your pen pal Tirek told us all about how he helped you suck up all that magic!
*Twilight Sparkle*: But I still don’t understand why.
*Cozy Glow*: [growls] Why?! Because friendship is power! You might be the Princess of Friendship, but as headmare of this school, I can collect even more friends than you!
[students murmuring]
*Twilight Sparkle*: You’re the one who doesn’t get it, Cozy. Friendship is powerful, but power isn’t why you make friends. I’m sorry I couldn’t teach you that.
*Gallus*: Well, you taught us.
*Silverstream*: You can’t let one bad apple make you think you failed.
*Sandbar*: And we never could’ve stopped her if we hadn’t learned what you taught us about friendship.
*Cozy Glow*: Honesty? Loyalty? Generosity? Blah-blah-blah! I can make more friends without using any of them! And if I can’t do it here, I’ll do it somewhere else![/bq]This is Twilight attempting to reach out to Cozy Glow, who proceeds to spit on the idea of making friends through being honest, loyal, and generous. This is not somepony eager to see her put away in Tartarus. Even if I accept that Cozy was offered no 2nd chance, her attitude demonstrates not only that she didn’t yet deserve one, but that she wouldn’t even want one for the purpose of becoming a better pony. Given one, I have no doubt that she’d continue to deceive and manipulate them into thinking she was genuinely reformed. But until Cozy said that she could collect more friends than Twilight, I’m sure that Twilight believed she was salvageable. And fitting to what I said before, this is after the battle has been decided.

——————————

Let’s be honest: how would a trial for Cozy Glow even go without resembling/amounting to a kangaroo court? Who’s be willing to be a lawyer for the defense? Best ruling to be hoped for is not guilty by reason of insanity, but I think she could still be ruled sufficiently sane to stand trial, thwarting the insanity plea.
No reason given
Edited by Vivace
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
*Applejack*: You can drop the act, Cozy Glow! Your pen pal Tirek told us all about how he helped you suck up all that magic!
*Cozy Glow*: [growls] Why?! Because friendship is power! You might be the Princess of Friendship, but as headmare of this school, I can collect even more friends than you!
[students murmuring]
*Twilight Sparkle*: You’re the one who doesn’t get it, Cozy. Friendship is powerful, but power isn’t why you make friends. I’m sorry I couldn’t teach you that.
*Sandbar*: And we never could’ve stopped her if we hadn’t learned what you taught us about friendship.
*Cozy Glow*: Honesty? Loyalty? Generosity? Blah-blah-blah! I can make more friends without using any of them! And if I can’t do it here, I’ll do it somewhere else![/bq]This is Twilight attempting to reach out to Cozy Glow, who proceeds to spit on the idea of making friends through being honest, loyal, and generous. This is not somepony eager to see her put away in Tartarus. Even if I accept that Cozy was offered no 2nd chance, her attitude demonstrates not only that she didn’t yet deserve one, but that she wouldn’t even want one for the purpose of becoming a better pony. Given one, I have no doubt that she’d continue to deceive and manipulate them into thinking she was genuinely reformed. But until Cozy said that she could collect more friends than Twilight, I’m sure that Twilight believed she was salvageable. And fitting to what I said before, this is after the battle has been decided.
———
Let’s be honest: how would a trial for Cozy Glow even go without resembling/amounting to a kangaroo court? Who’s be willing to be a lawyer for the defense? Best ruling to be hoped for is not guilty by reason of insanity, but I think she could still be ruled sufficiently sane to stand trial, thwarting the insanity plea.
No reason given
Edited by Vivace
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
[students murmuring]
*Cozy Glow*: Honesty? Loyalty? Generosity? Blah-blah-blah! I can make more friends without using any of them! And if I can’t do it here, I’ll do it somewhere else![/bq]

This is Twilight attempting to reach out to Cozy Glow, who proceeds to spit on the idea of making friends through being honest, loyal, and generous. This is not somepony eager to see her put away in Tartarus. Even if I accept that Cozy was offered no 2nd chance, her attitude demonstrates not only that she didn’t yet deserve one, but that she wouldn’t even want one for the purpose of becoming a better pony. Given one, I have no doubt that she’d continue to deceive and manipulate them into thinking she was genuinely reformed. But until Cozy said that she could collect more friends than Twilight, I’m sure that Twilight believed she was salvageable. And fitting to what I said before, this is after the battle has been decided.
No reason given
Edited by Vivace
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
[students murmuring]
*Cozy Glow*: Honesty? Loyalty? Generosity? Blah-blah-blah! I can make more friends without using any of them! And if I can’t do it here, I’ll do it somewhere else![/bq]

No reason given
Edited by Vivace