Viewing last 25 versions of post by gingerninja666 in topic Unpopular opinion time

gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
"[@Badumsquish":](/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4605848#post_4605848

)

I went back and looked at the ending of Washouts, and... I don't know how anyone could look at it and deem LD to be "barely bad"

[bq]

>
Lightning Dust: Dangerous? Nah! Well, maybe a little.

>
Scootaloo: Has anypony tested it before?

>
Lightning Dust: Where's the fun in that?

>
Scootaloo: There's m-more?!

>
Lightning Dust: You're not thinking of backing out, are you?

>
Scootaloo: No! I'm just thinking about drinking through straws.

>
Lightning Dust: Are you the president of my fan club or not?

>
Scootaloo: Of course! It's just—

>
Lightning Dust: You wouldn't wanna get impeached for dishonoring my wishes, would you?

>
Scootaloo: I... Is that a thing?

>
Lightning Dust: Light it up!

>
Scootaloo: Okay. Now I am thinking about backing out.

>
Lightning Dust: Too late! [/bq]

This isn't someone merely acting a bit reckless. She recognized that Scootaloo didn't want to do it, and she leveraged her position as a figure Scoots has respect for to try and manipulate her into doing something she admittknedw was dangerous. Then when Scoots expressed more doubts she flat out forced it upon her. And she doesn't feel anything when it's done. No remorse, no anything. She's annoyed. At least when a character feels guilty or submits to punishment there's something to work with there, even if their initial crimes are greater. If you're a pure bred dick who nontheless is willing to endanger people, then why should anyone tolerate you?
No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
"@Badumsquish":/pony/unpopular-opinion-time/post/4605848#post_4605848

I went back and looked at the ending of Washouts, and... I don't know how anyone could look at it and deem LD to be "barely bad"

[bq] Lightning Dust: Dangerous? Nah! Well, maybe a little.
Scootaloo: Has anypony tested it before?
Lightning Dust: Where's the fun in that?
Scootaloo: There's m-more?!
Lightning Dust: You're not thinking of backing out, are you?
Scootaloo: No! I'm just thinking about drinking through straws.
Lightning Dust: Are you the president of my fan club or not?
Scootaloo: Of course! It's just—
Lightning Dust: You wouldn't wanna get impeached for dishonoring my wishes, would you?
Scootaloo: I... Is that a thing?
Lightning Dust: Light it up!
Scootaloo: Okay. Now I am thinking about backing out.
Lightning Dust: Too late! [/bq]

This isn't someone merely acting a bit reckless. She recognized that Scootaloo didn't want to do it, and she leveraged her position as a figure Scoots has respect for to try and manipulate her into doing something she admitted was dangerous. Then when Scoots expressed more doubts she flat out forced it upon her. And she doesn't feel anything when it's done. No remorse, no anything. She's annoyed. At least when a character feels guilty or submits to punishment there's something to work with there, even if their initial crimes are greater. If you're a pure bred dick who nontheless is willing to endanger people, then why should anyone tolerate you?
No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666