Viewing last 25 versions of post by gingerninja666 in topic Going back to the show after 3 years and a half [3/26 episodes watched from Season 7]

gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
"[@Ring Team":](/forums/pony/topics/going-back-to-the-show-after-3-years-and-a-half-3-26-episodes-watched-from-season-7?post_id=4906661#post_4906661

)

Starlight's whole motive is that she became evil because she was traumatized by her best friend going away. She spent years not making any other friends because she was terrified of them leaving her too. When she created her village, she had to completely dominate them and take away everything that made them special, just to create an environment in which she could never be hurt again. The only thing her village baked were these terrible, almost inedible muffins.

Her needing to bake with Pinkie Pie is a completely different situation. She's no longer the dominant party in the relationship. She needed to be the one listening to Pinkie, following her advice, and letting herself make mistakes. Since her fear is that when someone is better than you at something you no longer see eye to eye, I get why that would cause her stress.

You focus in on her power so much when it only ever causes her problems. Even that Twilight vs Starlight scene was Starlight manipulating Twilight to distract hker teacp her from nothe faicting that she's lagging with her friendship lessons.

[bq]

>
Starlight Glimmer: I can cast complex spells, but baking a cake with Pinkie Pie freaks me out! And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds. That's why I didn't say anything. I thought if I just kept wowing you with my magical abilities, you might just... not... notice? [/bq]

Starlight _*is_* a vulnerable pony (at least in her mind). For all her power, she's pretty melancholy,ic and terrified of her relationships with her friends. Her acknowledging why Maud likes rocks, because rocks bypass this whole rigamarole of other ponies being mad at and potentially judging you, is just her being empathetic and trying to form more of a bond with Maud. She's not saying she doesn't want to be friends with ponies anymore (she's saying this to get closer to another pony who could, theorhetically hurt her one day after all), she knows she has to get better, but she can see the appeal because of how she thinks.

No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
"@Ring Team":/forums/pony/topics/going-back-to-the-show-after-3-years-and-a-half-3-26-episodes-watched-from-season-7?post_id=4906661#post_4906661

Starlight's whole motive is that she became evil because she was traumatized by her best friend going away. She spent years not making any other friends because she was terrified of them leaving her too. When she created her village, she had to completely dominate them and take away everything that made them special, just to create an environment in which she could never be hurt again. The only thing her village baked were these terrible, almost inedible muffins.

Her needing to bake with Pinkie Pie is a completely different situation. She's no longer the dominant party in the relationship. She needed to be the one listening to Pinkie, following her advice, and letting herself make mistakes. Since her fear is that when someone is better than you at something you no longer see eye to eye, I get why that would cause her stress.

You focus in on her power so much when it only ever causes her problems. Even that Twilight vs Starlight scene was Starlight manipulating Twilight to distract her teacher from the fact that she's lagging with her friendship lessons.

[bq]Starlight Glimmer: I can cast complex spells, but baking a cake with Pinkie Pie freaks me out! And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds. That's why I didn't say anything. I thought if I just kept wowing you with my magical abilities, you might just... not... notice? [/bq]

Starlight _is_ a vulnerable pony (at least in her mind). For all her power, she's pretty melancholy, and terrified of her relationships with her friends. Her acknowledging why Maud likes rocks, because rocks bypass this whole rigamarole of other ponies being mad at and potentially judging you, is just her being empathetic and trying to form more of a bond with Maud. She's not saying she doesn't want to be friends with ponies anymore (she's saying this to get closer witho another pony who could, theorhetically hurt her one day after all), she knows she has to get better, but she can see the appeal because of how she thinks.

No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
"@Ring Team":/forums/pony/topics/going-back-to-the-show-after-3-years-and-a-half-3-26-episodes-watched-from-season-7?post_id=4906661#post_4906661

You focus in on her power so much when it only ever causes her problems. Even that Twilight vs Starlight scene was Starlight manipulating Twilight to distract her teacher from the fact that she's lagging with her friendship lessons.

[bq]Starlight Glimmer: I can cast complex spells, but baking a cake with Pinkie Pie freaks me out! And yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds. That's why I didn't say anything. I thought if I just kept wowing you with my magical abilities, you might just... not... notice? [/bq]

Starlight _is_ a vulnerable pony (at least in her mind). For all her power, she's pretty melancholy, and terrified of her relationships with her friends. Her acknowledging why Maud likes rocks, because rocks bypass this whole rigamarole of other ponies being mad at and potentially judging you, is just her being empathetic and trying to form more of a bond with Maud. She's not saying she doesn't want to be friends with ponies anymore (she's saying this to get closer with another pony who could, theorhetically hurt her one day after all), she knows she has to get better, but she can see the appeal because of how she thinks.

No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare

Her needing to bake with Pinkie Pie is a completely different situation. She's no longer the dominant party in the relationship. She needed to be the one listening to Pinkie, following her advice, and letting herself make mistakes. Since her fear is that when someone is better than heryou at something theyou can no longer see eye to eye, I get why that would cause her stress.

Starlight _is_ a vulnerable pony (at least in her mind). For all her power, she's pretty melancholy, and terrified of her relationships with her friends. Her acknowledging why Maud likes rocks, because rocks bypass this whole rigamarole of other ponies being mad at and potentially judging you, is just her being empathetic and trying to form more of a bond with Maud. She's not saying she doesn't want to be friends with ponies anymore, she knows she has to get better, but she can see the appeal because of how she thinks.

No reason given
Edited by gingerninja666