Viewing last 25 versions of post by WingbeatPony in topic Problems with the new username feature

WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
"[@Derpy Whooves":](/meta/problems-with-the-new-username-feature/post/3578161#post_3578161
)  
The difference between unicode name spoofing and name reuse is that old links don't point to the troll account. That _*is_* a completely different situation.

I want this tool to exist, too. I just think it needs to be completed. If you think the fix can be applied retroactively, and soon, then it doesn't need to be temporarily shuttered.

Sure, other sites could rise to our level in regards to active moderation, but please understand that _*we_* have to rise to _*their_* level, if not better, with this feature.

Oh, and if freeing up parked account names is something you're worried about? I already talked about how freeing up inactive accounts after a certain amount of time (I suggested 6 months) could play nice with this, too...it'd just mean that links go dead 6 months in the future, rather than immediately.
No reason given
Edited by WingbeatPony
WingbeatPony
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag horse
"@Derpy Whooves":/meta/problems-with-the-new-username-feature/post/3578161#post_3578161
The difference between unicode name spoofing and name reuse is that old links don't point to the troll account. That _is_ a completely different situation.

I want this tool to exist, too. I just think it needs to be completed. If you think the fix can be applied retroactively, and soon, then it doesn't need to be temporarily shuttered.

Sure, other sites could rise to our level in regards to active moderation, but please understand that _we_ have to rise to _their_ level, if not better, with this feature.
No reason given
Edited by WingbeatPony