Viewing last 25 versions of post by Ciaran in topic New AI Policy

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
[@Background Pony \#70B1](/forums/meta/topics/new-ai-policy?post_id=5453189#post_5453189)
> In that case the existing rules regarding spam should surely apply [...] An upload limit just seems redundant or "We don't want it."
The difference is that our current practice is to individually review and vote on each image, or samples within the set of 'spam', which can take days or weeks.

With this proposed change, where `ai generated` images are concerned and one person is uploading more than 2 of them per day, staff may delete some of them at their own discretion. Non-`ai generated` images will still be subject to the currently existing rules and will still be assessed as they have been historically, but `ai generated` images will no longer be a part of that more deliberative, and sometimes lengthy, process.

> An upload limit just seems redundant or “We don’t want it.” reasoning which is hardly unjustified given the amount of artists that feel threatened by it.
This has nothing to do with art created by artists. There should be no artists worried about this affecting them in any way.

> Not to mention it's going to inevitably cause headaches / disagreements exactly like you just participated in regarding what constitutes "Ai generated" vs "Ai assisted."
Those kinds of questions involve what we consider to be uniquely copyrightable works of art, which is what we hope to be able to spend more time working on once we can more quickly deal with images that are clearly `ai generated`.

So, it's no headache. For me, it is why I volunteered to work here - to help fan artists create and share their fan art. That previous example is exactly the kind of question that energizes my desire to continue volunteering here - and I look forward to more questions like that.

And, my assumption is that as we continually work this new set of rules and policies it will become as quick and easy and handling anything else we do today that involves artists.

So, I see this reducing headaches.

> Personally I'd at least bump the daily limit to six if you guys are going to insist on it, so that people can upload sets of the mane 6 all at once as I've noticed that's a bit of a trend.
Personally, I hope that people making sets like this will spend the the three days they will need to upload those 6 images making the results that they do upload - 2 per day - as good and wonderful as possible. Because right now a lot of the sets like you've described have had to be almost entirely removed from the site for not being recognizable as actual MLP characters. I sure look forward to the possibility that these changes will help us avoid that in the future.
No reason given
Edited by Ciaran
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
[@Background Pony \#70B1](/forums/meta/topics/new-ai-policy?post_id=5453189#post_5453189)
> In that case the existing rules regarding spam should surely apply [...] An upload limit just seems redundant or "We don't want it."
The difference is that our current practice is to individually review and vote on each image, or samples within the set of 'spam', which can take days or weeks.

With this proposed change, where `ai generated` images are concerned and one person is uploading more than 2 of them per day, staff may delete some of them at their own discretion. Non-`ai generated` images will still be subject to the currently existing rules and will still be assessed as they have been historically, but `ai generated` images will no longer be a part of that more deliberative, and sometimes lengthy, process.

> An upload limit just seems redundant or “We don’t want it.” reasoning which is hardly unjustified given the amount of artists that feel threatened by it.
This has nothing to do with art created by artists. There should be no artists worried about this affecting them in any way.

> Not to mention it's going to inevitably cause headaches / disagreements exactly like you just participated in regarding what constitutes "Ai generated" vs "Ai assisted."
Those kinds of questions involve what we consider to be uniquely copyrightable works of art, which is what we hope to be able to spend more time working on once we can more quickly deal with images that are clearly `ai generated`.

So, it's no headache. For me, it is why I volunteered to work here - to help fan artists create and share their fan art. That previous example is exactly the kind of question that energizes my desire to continue volunteering here - and I look forward to more questions like that.

And, my assumption is that as we continually work this new set of rules and policies it will become as quick and easy and handling anything else we do today that involves artists.

So, I see this reducing headaches.

> Personally I'd at least bump the daily limit to six if you guys are going to insist on it, so that people can upload sets of the mane 6 all at once as I've noticed that's a bit of a trend.
Personally, I hope that people making sets like this will spend the the three days they will need to upload those 6 images as good and wonderful as possible. Because right now a lot of the sets like you've described have had to be almost entirely removed from the site for not being recognizable as actual MLP characters.
No reason given
Edited by Ciaran