Viewing last 25 versions of post by Northern in topic It's been over a month... why is this still going on?

Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
"[@PUBLIQclopAccountant":](/forums/meta/topics/it-s-been-over-a-month-why-is-this-still-going-on?post_id=4889654#post_4889654
)  
Quietly banning anything isn't generally a good thing. If there's a reason to ban something it should be publicly done. To do otherwise is a disservice to honesty and only proof that you have no faith that your reasoning can stand up to argumentation. This has gone on a long time and I hope it continues to *go on* as long as it takes for people to understand that censoring things you don't like is wrong.

I do feel bad for the people caught in the middle, but I've been doing my best to keep the splatterfire down and focus on the points in question.

"

[
@Shimauma":](/forums/meta/topics/it-s-been-over-a-month-why-is-this-still-going-on?post_id=4889953#post_4889953
)  
I'm sorry that you feel like I want to be free of criticism, but I think my actions speak for themselves. I refuse to dehumanize others or intentionally try to silence people, even those who directly insult me. Hopefully my actions can demonstrate that the majority of us on the side against censorship genuinely do mean well.
No reason given
Edited by Northern
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
"@PUBLIQclopAccountant":/forums/meta/topics/it-s-been-over-a-month-why-is-this-still-going-on?post_id=4889654#post_4889654
Quietly banning anything isn't generally a good thing. If there's a reason to ban something it should be publicly done. To do otherwise is a disservice to honesty and only proof that you have no faith that your reasoning can stand up to argumentation. This has gone on a long time and I hope it continues to *go on* as long as it takes for people to understand that censoring things you don't like is wrong.

I do feel bad for the people caught in the middle, but I've been doing my best to keep the splatterfire down and focus on the points in question.

"@Shimauma":/forums/meta/topics/it-s-been-over-a-month-why-is-this-still-going-on?post_id=4889953#post_4889953
I'm sorry that you feel like I want to be free of criticism, but I think my actions speak for themselves. I refuse to dehumanize others or intentionally try to silence people, even those who directly insult me. Hopefully my actions can demonstrate that the majority of us on the side against censorship genuinely do mean well.
No reason given
Edited by Northern