Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
That opening segment is probably going to be a bit divisive given it was 50 minutes. I thought the first 20 minutes was really beautiful with Triple H giving Cody his flowers while the last 30 were a good way of sending The Rock off for a couple months.
First off, that tribute package for Cody was one of the best video packages WWE has ever done. That was the best part of the segment. Then The Rock came out and it felt like seed planting more than anything. I feel like there has to be a reason why Rock wanted to hold Cody’s belt. Something that will become clearer later on. The same I feel goes for whatever he handed Cody, which I’m certain ties into what The Rock whispered in Cody’s ear.
Did the segment go too long? Yeah, you can say that. It was a long time to go without a match, in fact I believe it was the longest segment in WWE history. But damn if I wasn’t captivated by it. It was a 50 minute segment that felt like it was half that length.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I think what matters is if that segment sets the stage for a match between Cody and The Rock. And if that is indeed the case, then I think the segment accomplished its job.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
The #1 problem with AEW right now is that its booking revolves around counter-programming WWE. And I’m not just talking about the CM Punk stuff.
Dustin Rhodes is getting a world heavyweight championship shot this Wednesday. No build, no long term storytelling, nothing. He is basically getting a title shot to coincide with his brother Cody winning the title at WrestleMania. It reminds of how TNA in 2014 booked Eric Young to become Impact World Championship because they felt they needed an underdog champion in the wake of Daniel Bryan. This was like less than two weeks after WrestleMania 30.
I like the idea of Dustin trying to replicate what his brother did, but it makes AEW feel lesser than and like they’re playing second fiddle to WWE. If they wanted to do this, they should have built it up more and have Dustin win more matches instead of having it feel like they’re booking reactionary to the competition which is essentially what is happening.
Background Pony #5207
@Holofan4life
Relying on CM Punk with that announced Segment about the Wembley Backstage Footage being shown, that certainly has WCW 2000 Vibes all over it just because of TK’s Feelings XD :D
By the way yeah, that Samoa Joe vs Dustin Rhodes Match absolutely looks Ridiculous based of doing right after the WM 40 Stuff.
#AEW #PunkLivesRentFree
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
That segment between Cody Rhodes and The Rock this past Monday did 3.19 million viewers. The last time Raw did a rating that good was July 22, 2019, which was a reunion show.
Background Pony #5207
@Holofan4life
And having Phony/Fake Shoot Promo Segments just to get desperate Attention on their Product, that’s WCW 2000 Type Stuff aswell eeyup.(remember Bash at the Beach 2000 as a Example) :o
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I saw Meltzer mention that the backstage All In footage is meant to build up a program between FTR and The Young Bucks/Jack Perry. If that is true, I think it’s completely asinine we’re setting up a feud based around a guy WHO ISN’T EVEN A PART OF THE COMPANY.
When your biggest draw is someone who doesn’t work for you, buddy, you have problems. I refuse to believe that this is even a thing until I see it with my own eyes.
Background Pony #5207
@Holofan4life
LOL please don’t bring that Scenario even up XD
I saw Meltzer mention that the backstage All In footage is meant to build up a program between FTR and The Young Bucks/Jack Perry. If that is true, I think it’s completely asinine we’re setting up a feud based around a guy WHO ISN’T EVEN A PART OF THE COMPANY.
When your biggest draw is someone who doesn’t work for you, buddy, you have problems. I refuse to believe that this is even a thing until I see it with my own eyes.
rolling my Eyes …Bruh that would be so Ridiculous in so many Levels, but hey wanting to validate that Punk truly was the Biggest Draw in that Promotions History go on ha! ;)
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Whelp… they showed the footage. And the reason as to why is because The Young Bucks are blaming the backstage incident as for why they lost to FTR at All In.
And then afterwards, FTR cut a promo talking about how sick they are people keep talking about it. Did someone say “Having their cake and eating it too”?
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
The best part of the segment was after they showed the footage, they cut to the announcers and Tony Schiavone looks like he wants to be anywhere else.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
As for the footage itself, Punk came off more aggressive than he let on but he didn’t lie in the interview. He choked Jack Perry and then they got separated. There wasn’t much in the way of changing people’s opinions, if you’re on Punk’s side or AEW’s side you will likely stay on your side.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide