Video Game General

Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@Jarkes  
I can’t answer that, I kind of stopped playing and been busy, so I haven’t finished the game yet, I just have the baby and most of the pickups.

But I tried to take on Queen twice without power bombing her stomach and used up all my ammo and aeion and it never died.  
So I don;t know what Mike was talking about.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

In Vino Veritas
A bunch of dumb mooks on Twitter got pissy at a Wolfenstein tweet promoting the new game that had the hashtag #make America Nazi free again.

A game about killin’ Nazis in an occupied America is of course going to promote killin’ Nazis.

Make America Nazi Free Again, line em’ up and knock em’ down. I can’t wait to put some holes in a few blood flags, I pre-order the collectors edition to get the little action figure and everything.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@PonyPon

It’s fine imo.

We shouldn’t be in at a point in our history where defending Nazis is ok. I don’t give a fuck if some racist, Jew hating fucktards are mad.

They’re always saying everyone is so easily offended, then they turn around a shit themselves because a game that’s been about killing Nazis for 2 decades exists.

Fuck em’.
Ore-O
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Squidamouche
@Zincy  
Agreed. There shouldn’t even be a point where we defend Nazis at all. Still, I am a little uneasy about buying it for both of Bethesda’s questionable business practices as of late and the massive file size that will inevitably come.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

Murdering them, as it always has been. It continues America’s proud tradition of shooting Nazis in the face.

But real life Nazis are pissed that it’s a game about killing Nazis in America.
Background Pony #5D52
Murdering them, as it always has been. It continues America’s proud tradition of shooting Nazis in the face.
But real life Nazis are pissed that it’s a game about killing Nazis in America.

Suit yourself. I’d like more games where you can shoot Marxists/communists, SJWs and Genetically engineered mutants in the face or bludgeon them with a wrench or knife. That, and being able to research bodies as well as upgrading weapon stats.
Viscera
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Umu
Honestly, the KKK siding with the Nazis is pretty weird, since, as far as I know, they hated them. Which makes sense, the KKK are American nationalists and sure wouldn’t be happy about a bunch of Krauts coming over and “germanizing” their country. It could be pretty easily explained, with the Nazis tempering with the KKK, changing their leadership and making them “German”-friendly, but somehow I doubt that New Colossus will do that.

Generally, I’m not happy with the KKK being enemies now. It rather detracts from the Nazi-killing. I mean, the KKK are rather weaksauce in comparison.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dashu

It makes more sense given the context. Many years have passed and America has been under German occupation.

The KKK pictured here are likely the remnants that fell in line with the Nazi idolology while the others either went underground or were purged.

It’d make sense from the Nazi side to keep the group as a front, to make the occupation seem more legitimate.

Nazis had a habit in real life to support local hate groups in occupied nations.
Ore-O

Squidamouche
@Zincy  
In real life, they hated the Nazis for supporting Imperial Japan, but since TNO made it so that the Nazis backstabbed Japan and made it into a puppet state, it might have eased up some of the tension.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@PonyPon

Tbf, we’re actually talking about a video game, its plot points, and its marketing.

Politically slanted, but still relevant to the topic of this thread.

If we were talking about the politics of elves vs orcs in a game where fantastic racist elves and xenocidal orcs formed a compact to murder all humans, it’d be the same debate.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Okay, we're impressed

You're looking at a thread with over 200,000 posts in it!

For various reasons, we'd like to ask you to start a new topic.