Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I am sort of obsessed with the Goblin Slayer franchise. I realize that such tie in games quite often a low key effort, but with TRPGs that actually works in my favor as i dislike the overly complicated ones. The old Fire Emblem games from the GBA era for example have about the right amount of features for my taste.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Tactical Role Playing Games.
Which is apparently the wrong genre I’m thinking of. I meant I can’t stand Turn Based Tactics style games like Disgaea, Front Mission or Final Fantasy Tactics but I love Xcom. And I don’t get why.
Posted Report
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
I found that missing box, it was above right next to the Exclamation Steel Crate the whole time… I am so stupid.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
In the gameplay demo of Tears of the Kingdom, Link gallops past a Korok carrying a heavy bag (the one who says “I need to reach my friend!”); my guess is that if you stop and help the Korok, he’ll give you a bunch of Korok Seeds instead of only one.
Posted Report
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan
I tend to agree… i tried playing Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea but they could not capture me in the least. Even though people always seem to fawn over FF Tactics as being one of the best, but i just don’t see the appeal. Fire Emblem is sort of an exception for me and even there i start to grow tired of the gimmicks in the last couple entries.
I grew up with the original XCOM games and i love the new ones too. The new ones are much more stream lined and i think you can actually focus more on the combat aspects. There aren’t that complex, besides in which order you wanna build up your base and do research.
Posted Report
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The same as Turn based but they tend to have mechanics more geared towards min maxing, genuinely paying attention to a boss’s skills, gear, item, priority order on your party and getting the most out of their skills in order to be able to beat the game
Posted Report
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Turn Based Tactics RPG is a more self explanatory term for sure, but i think Tactical RPG just established itself as the go to category for turn based games even if objectively its not as accurate.
Posted Report
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

A better difference would be
A turn based RPG would allow you to eventually, after a lot of grinding, to max all your stats
Contrary, a Tactic RPG will have a hard cap and if you dont assign the right points to a character, they are fucked
Posted Report
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Dustcan
In hindsight, the game was a little bit too guilt trippy. As in, “they’re attacking me first but apparently is wrong to defend myself”.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide