Viewing last 25 versions of post by HeadlessHorselessHorseman in topic The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

HeadlessHorselessHorseman

[@Dr\_Osaka](/forums/generals/topics/the-downfall-of-tgwtg-or-channel-awesome-324?post_id=5221866#post_5221866)
Walker did do a Video Game Confessions episode on Sonic (anyone remember that show?), so he has _some_ superficial familiarity with the games, although, as is often the case with him, he doesn't seem to be interested in broadening his knowledge any further.

But in my experience, Walker does a reasonably good job of avoiding media moralism and conflating his own opinions with objective truth, and he's taken pushback into account. I think where he falters the hardest is when he goes after creators on a personal level, like with Michael Bay or Tommy Wiseau.

His analyses aren't great (there are times when he hits the mark), but we know that he's a comedian before he's anything else, and to be honest, I've reached a point where I don't think professional criticism of any sort has much value. There's too much ego and individual taste hiding behind the standards. For all the shit that Walker gets, Roger Ebert shared some of the same flaws.
No reason given
Edited by HeadlessHorselessHorseman

[@Dr\_Osaka](/forums/generals/topics/the-downfall-of-tgwtg-or-channel-awesome-324?post_id=5221866#post_5221866)
Walker did do a Video Game Confessions episode on Sonic (anyone remember that show?), so he has _some_ superficial familiarity with the games, although, as is often the case with him, he doesn't seem to be interested in broadening his knowledge any further.

But in my experience, Walker does a reasonably good job of avoiding media moralism and conflating his own opinions with objective truth, and he's taken pushback into account. I think where he falters the hardest is when he goes after creators on a personal level, like with Michael Bay or Tommy Wiseau.

His analyses aren't great (there are times when he hits the mark), but we know that he's a comedian before he's anything else, and to be honest, I've reached a point where I don't think professional criticism of any sort has much value. There's too much ego and individual taste hiding behind the standards. For all the shit that Walker gets, Roger Ebert shared some of the same flaws.
No reason given

His analyses aren't great (there are times when he hits the mark), but we know that he's a comedian before he's anything else, and to be honest, I've reached a point where I don't think professional criticism of any sort has much value. There's too much ego and persoindividual taste hiding behind the standards.
No reason given