Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Violet Rose in The Rain

You asked me to explain myself, as if I had anything to do with this. Did you mean to ask me what I thought about it? I don’t really have an opinion. Tax the rich if you want, just don’t penalize them for having wealth. And yes, I don’t resent the rich for having money. Having money doesn’t make you a bad person.

Cool, I guess but considering we were talking about his supposed downplaying of the Virus, I don’t know why that’s brought up. If all that is true, then I’ll agree but I’ll put all that in the ‘might be true’ box until I look into it. Before then, my response will be ‘sure’.

…Why would the workers be in charge? They don’t own the business, pay the bills, or maintain the upkeep of a business. That’s like saying the maids should run the household, not the homeowner. As for healthcare, I don’t know much about it, so I won’t pretend I do. As for the first part, yes, left-wing ideals are upheld by the media and brands. If that wasn’t the case, why do I see ‘support BLM’ on almost every website I visit? Or why I see dozens of commercials about LGBT stuff? Pride flags outside businesses and used as banners for social media. That ain’t the right-wing ideals.

I’m not against these things generally but don’t sit there and tell me there isn’t widespread support for these ideals.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Having money doesn’t make you a bad person.

No, but take a look at the currently widening gap between the rich and the poor and maybe fucking think about how tone-deaf that statement was.

…Why would the workers be in charge? They don’t own the business, pay the bills, or maintain the upkeep of a business.

Basically you remove the owner and every employee effectively becomes an owner in equal parts. It’s similar to being a shareholder but you only get one vote, you still work at the business, and you are an owner of the company on virtue of working there.

Such systems already sparsely exist in the form of workers-coops, and they usually meet once a week to discuss the future of the company. When decisions have to be taken, everyone is invited to vote (with everyone having only one vote). If you leave the company, you also leave your ownership.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Southerners who exalt the Confederacy and view it as this pillar of southern heritage do their real heritage a disservice.

The Confederacy lasted all of 4 years as a failed state.

The southern heritage is far, far richer than that. Some of America’s greatest writers and scholars have been from the south. We have the best food in the whole country. Many famous presidents have been from southern states. We have Dolly Parton, a literal saint among mortals who is about as pure southern pride as you can get.

The south is more than a flag, and those rednecks that want to boil down our rich heritage into a single event just so they can hate black people need to be smacked up side their heads.
Latecomer

@Zincy  
While I’ll certainly agree that there’s plenty of strong Southern heritage out there, don’t forget that the ideals embodied in that flag lasted a lot longer, both before and after the Civil War.

@Terminal Red  
America really doesn’t need more riots, but I’m sorry that she’s dead. Will not turn this into a gun issue…
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Violet Rose in The Rain

How so? Like, what point are you making? I know the rich and poor divide is widening but why do you think making the rich poorer is the solution rather than making the poor richer? You can’t just take people’s money and give it to someone else like that. Would you be okay with someone penalizing you for having more wealth than the person next to you?

Why remove the owner, though? If people want to do a coop, do it but you sound like you want that to be done across the board, which I oppose. I think people should have sole ownership over things. Again, I use the example of giving ownership to the maids rather than the person who bought the house. If a group bought the place, sure have a committee or whatever but if you are an employee, you should remain as such.

Owning a business comes with a lot of responsibilities and I imagine most people just want to be paid for their work. They don’t want to have to also consider all the bills and maintenance involved on top of their own lives.
Zintenka
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Improve and Discover!
All I said was that Trump was being an optimist.

And if I said that the sky was yellow and green, I’d still be either colorblind and naive or a damn liar. You see the facts and the numerous citations sent to you and yet you’re still peddling this absolutely dishonest notion that he was just being optimistic when he continues to undermine people with decades worth of experience in health and science.

I’ll condemn him for it but I know better than to just trust the words of his opposition because I know they are perfectly willing to lie about him.

If you can’t look around and see the way the country is and cant tell that the one in charge is doing a shitty job then I don’t know for you. Considering that the smartest and most qualified people on the planet basically agree with what me and others are saying then I really don’t know for you…

The reason I go hard on the left (I can only speak for myself) is because I see their actions as more detrimental than the right.

Right because we’re the ones lynching people, committing mass shootings and bombijg abortion clinics… We’re also the ones upholding a racist past and we’re also the ones putting millions out of healthcare.

If you look at the mentioned here and see these as “Eh at least its not that bad as the SJWs and… Gasp..! Giving people healthcare and making sure that they can go to college!?”

“Oh no, they’re tearing down statues that are honoring people who betrayed my country and enslaved the blacks!? Oh no!”

In terms of social power, the left is in charge. Every left-wing ideal is upheld by media and brands, plastered all over with the approval of most people. The right doesn’t have that.

Not every ideal but the world is lucky that the right didn’t hold as much sway as they used to otherwise blackface and advertisements that portray my descendants as big lipped, watermelon eating criminals and my own people as ones who huddle in mud huts and throw spears at people.

The left advocate for things I wouldn’t stand for even if it was said by the right. If the right said ‘tear down statues’ I’d oppose it just as much as I do when the left does it.

Look at that… I called it. If you’re getting so angsty and uptight over statues honoring genuinely horrible people and traitors being torn down then you:

1. Have some left over feelings that you haven’t quite gotten rid of, after all the woman who called the cops on that black man in central park over her dog was a Centrist hillary clinton supporter.

2. You have too much fucking time on your hands, there are way more important things to get angry over.

As for our options, one of them may very well have dementia and no, I’m not talking about Trump. There were better options but ‘shockingly’ they weren’t chosen.

What better options? You had Amy Kloubabitch who treats her staff abusively from her high turnover rate, defended racist police officers during her tenure as a… prosecutor I believe… and pretty much like Hillary Clinton.

You had Pete Rattygieg who forged the signatures of black leaders in his community for a bill, worked and profited from our fucked up healthcare system, fired the first black police chief of his community and etc.

Cory Booker who wasn’t so bad but was more of the same. Bleugh. We would’ve been right back where we started.

Kamala Harris who worked as a prosecutor in California and… defended racist police officers…

Why is it that you Centrists and Right Wingers have genuinely shitty role models and champions?

As Martin Luther said, the greatest threat to progress isn’t the Right but Neoliberals like you.
Zintenka
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Improve and Discover!
@MagpulPony  
Right, because Bernie Sanders likes little kids jumpin’ on his lap with hairy legs or likes to grab em by the pussy and set up a fraudalent and fake business university?

I do not want to see you talk, one who still thinks that the president is doing a good job.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@igotnopicks  
And nobody told them yet that gasoline doesn’t put out flames? How unfortunate.

@Zintenka  
I never said anything about Sanders. And I don’t care if you want to see me talk or not, I’ve got a beautiful right to talk as much as I like.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Zintenka

[Quote 1]

Him saying ‘I think x’ isn’t a lie, so much as him trying to be positive. It’s not like the only options are being dumb or a liar. Also, how is him saying ‘this should be over soon’ undermining people? The two notions aren’t mutually exclusive. He is generally trying to be a positive guy so I take that into consideration.

[Quote 2]

Smart people can still be wrong about things. They have biases and can let them affect how they see things. As such, when it comes to subjective things, I tend to take people’s words with a grain of salt. You saying smart people agree with me doesn’t say much when there are plenty of smart people who believe dumb things as well. Yhem having expertise in X field doesn’t make them objectively right about everything.

[Quote 3]

I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been in a lynching… about 30 years from what I read on Wikipedia. Yeah, I know its not the best source but everything else I search just mentions a couple of possible suicides. Committing mass shootings, I condemn but there’s not much I can do about that after the fact other than try and find the motive and resolve it so someone else doesn’t go down the same path. The last attack on a clinic was in 2015 and most of the attacks look to be vandalism. I condemn that too but it doesn’t look to have happened recently so I’m not sure how that is relevant. I don’t know anything about healthcare so I won’t pretend I do. As for upholding a racist past, what do you mean? Do you that they aren’t trying to destroy that history? They aren’t trying to sanitize the past? Cause I’m all for preserving the past, regardless of how messy it is.

I don’t condemn everything on the left, just certain things. The same with the right. I’m sorry I don’t just blanket hate the right but I like to consider ideas on its merit rather than where it comes from.

[Quote 4]

I… don’t know what to say to that. The fact you seem to think that about your opposition is a bit sad. You think so lowly of them. Why? Because you met some guy who told you that so you assume he must speak for the entire right-wing like they are a hive mind or something? Like, it sounds like you are talking about the white supremacists or something but I’m not talking about them.

Also, let me rephrase my previous statement. Most left-wing ideals are upheld by the media and brands. Otherwise, there would be dozens of LGBT commercials being aired or BLM brandished on any brand that can tweet fast enough.

[Quote 5]

I don’t know what you are trying to imply with that first option. Are you calling me a racist? Do you think me condemning the destruction of monuments is me supporting their views? I don’t. Honestly, I don’t really care what views they held. I just don’t want historic statues to be destroyed just because the people of the present don’t like them. They are a part of our history and should be protected so the future generations won’t forget how far we came as a society.

As for the second part, I am actually capable of thinking of more than one thing at a time. There are millions of things that upset me to the point where I speak out about it. Statues being destroyed just happen to be on the list as well. Also, note that some of the states being torn down are founding fathers, you know the people who created the country. But hey, who cares about that, right? They just be slaveowners or whatever. They never did anything else that should be commemorated, right?

[Quote 6]

There was Tulsa Gabbard but she was tossed aside for the two old guys. Also, please stop trying to use other people to describe me. I’m an individual and would appreciate if you would stop telling me what other people do yet act like that’s me.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Latecomer

Usually, people get jobs and earn money. I admit that I’m no expert on economics but I don’t think taking money from other people generally helps. Small businesses start despite the divide and while they might not become Walmart, they gain wealth they can pass on to their children, who can then expand on what their parents create. Thats how it starts.
Zintenka
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Improve and Discover!
@MagpulPony  
The last phrase isn’t to be taken literally but my point is that if you want to try to talk about the people I look up to intellectually then you really shouldn’t be talking because your’s are overall terrible human beings and even when our people fuck up, we either denounce them or condemn their actions quite, quite openly. In fact, some are too quick to.

Cenk Uygur was booted from the Justice Democrats for comments made in the past when he was a… GASP..! A conservative! How coincidental that when someone believes in this selfish ideology they’re literal piles of festering human filth.

I disagree with his expulsion because he’s proven with more than just words that he’s changed to be a better person, but at least it shows that we’re principled unlike you guys.

@Jolliapplegirl  
Also, how is him saying ‘this should be over soon’ undermining people?

I’m not referring to that type of quote and you know it, I’m referring to when he continuously attacks medical professionals and supports people who are protesting against masks.

Smart people can still be wrong about things. They have biases and can let them affect how they see things. As such, when it comes to subjective things, I tend to take people’s words with a grain of salt.

Right, because if there’s anything subjective its the way to handle a pandemic… HMMMM, what do we choose, some orange chode and his wacky ideas or decades of established and still currently relevant ways to handle a pandemic?

Hmmm, what to choose… what to choose… so subjective.

Yhem having expertise in X field doesn’t make them objectively right about everything.

Yes, yes, yes but see, I think I’m gonna trust the doctor and the scientist over some orange chode-looking scammer with daddy issues and terrible hair when it comes to how to handle a pandemic!

Really, you know that this statement you just said was exceedingly wrong. Would you like to walk this back?

I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been in a lynching… about 30 years from what I read on Wikipedia. Yeah, I know its not the best source but everything else I search just mentions a couple of possible suicides.

Just because something isn’t considered a lynching, doesn’t mean that it isn’t one. George Floyd’s murder was a lynching, a “legal” one given with authority and still defended by attacking his character for his past mistakes as if somehow that didn’t make his death any less of a tragedy.

Committing mass shootings, I condemn but there’s not much I can do about that after the fact other than try and find the motive and resolve it so someone else doesn’t go down the same path. The last attack on a clinic was in 2015 and most of the attacks look to be vandalism.

2015 feels like yesterday, it wasn’t 1995 or even 2005… it was just about 5 years ago. Right Wing terrorist attacks are too common and in the 21st century, most terrorist attacks are of Right Wing ideological origin.

As for upholding a racist past, what do you mean? Do you that they aren’t trying to destroy that history? They aren’t trying to sanitize the past? Cause I’m all for preserving the past, regardless of how messy it is.

Then it belongs in a museum where everyone can know who these people are, not to be worshiped and celebrated in the town square or as names of military bases.

I… don’t know what to say to that. The fact you seem to think that about your opposition is a bit sad. You think so lowly of them. Why?

Because they think so lowly of us, were it up to them my parent’s country would still be a colony, my siblings across the sea still enslaved, women like yourself not having control over your body’s reproductive system and Jewish people being vanquished.

Consistently, they push forth legislation that’s only purpose is to make the “Other” suffer and consistently, they’re the ones who have tried to make it harder for people like you and me to vote so the only way to is to fight back and its working.

Our policies are actually overwhelmingly supported throughout the whole country, everyone wants healthcare to take care of themselves and everyone wants college to uplift themselves and everyone wants America to get that orange chode out of office.

Are you calling me a racist? Do you think me condemning the destruction of monuments is me supporting their views? I don’t. Honestly, I don’t really care what views they held. I just don’t want historic statues to be destroyed just because the people of the present don’t like them. They are a part of our history and should be protected so the future generations won’t forget how far we came as a society.

Thats the thing, you should care because they enslaved fellow human beings. If you don’t care, then I just don’t really consider you human and I stop caring about you myself. If you really want people to not forget history so bad then place them in museums and books – not town squares or in any position of esteem.

There was Tulsa Gabbard but she was tossed aside for the two old guys. Also, please stop trying to use other people to describe me. I’m an individual and would appreciate if you would stop telling me what other people do yet act like that’s me.

Tulsi Gabbard was a good candidate at first… was… a good candidate until she decided to stop support for medicare for all and decided to vote “present” in response to trying to impeach the president. I grow tired of cowards and useless symbolic opposition rather than clear opposition.

Also, note that some of the states being torn down are founding fathers, you know the people who created the country. But hey, who cares about that, right? They just be slaveowners or whatever. They never did anything else that should be commemorated, right?

The founding fathers were hypocrites. If the founder of my organization turned out to be a child molester and murdered children after they were done then if they were to be alive I’d for one report them to the police and immediately leave the organization.

If they weren’t, I’d join the rest of them to tear down pictures of them and then rebrand the organization.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide