Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6180
@lonewolf  
That would be a good result. You know a ton of people would follow him, both supporters and detractors. Competition is a good thing.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Eroding section 230 won’t bring competition, it’ll likely stifle it.

Because smaller companies won’t have the money or manpower to moderate their sites as effectively as the big guys.

In fact, all this will do is lead to an increasingly large load of lawsuits, harsher moderation of forums, social media, and comment platforms; and a general lack of diversity among platforms.

Once again, Bone Spurs goes about something in the most idiotic and spiteful way possible.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

“The police killed a black man. Time for violence, arson, and robbery!”

Christ, I despise rioters and looters. Is this supposed to show the world they’re right? All I see is opportunistic filth.
NeonThriller

@CaptainXtra  
It is Plus the executive order is basically useless as the FCC (And one with a very anti-regulation stance at that) and FTC are independent agencies, This will likely get struck down by a court sooner rather than later.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Typhoon2000  
Legally, the FCC and FTC are part of the executive branch. They can be targeted by executive orders, but most Presidents don’t bother because there’s not a whole lot they can do to compel the agencies to follow them.
Background Pony #02F1
Once again, Bone Spurs goes about something in the most idiotic and spiteful way possible.
Well I mean what is he supposed to do? Just sit by and let them fact check 2 of the approximate 52,000 falsehoods he’s spewed out over the last 3+ years? That’s just crazy is what that is.

@CaptainXtra  
@Typhoon2000
Wait, isn’t Trump messing with people’s ability to use social media in violation of the Free Speech Amendment?
That’s actually why they never went ahead with an earlier, similar executive order regarding social media platforms. There were concerns it couldn’t pass judicial review (since all executive orders issued by presidents are reviewed for their legality) and that it violated the principles of free speech.

Now there is another tactic to this that some of Trump’s supporters have pushed, which is the argument that social platforms like Twitter and Facebook should be considered more like publishers. That would open them up to more options for legal action, as platforms have liability protection under federal law, whereas publishers can face lawsuits over content they produce. But honestly, even if that argument somehow gets upheld by regulators and the federal courts that will almost inevitably be involved in deciding such a thing, it still might not have any affect on the Twitter’s effort to fact check Trump’s tweets. Not to mention that, as an executive order, the next president to get elected after Trump can just decide to cancel the whole thing, rendering all of this somewhat moot.

@Background Human  
@Typhoon2000
Legally, the FCC and FTC are part of the executive branch. They can be targeted by executive orders, but most Presidents don’t bother because there’s not a whole lot they can do to compel the agencies to follow them.
And as I understand it the proposed order mostly just orders the FCC and FTC to study whether they can put new rules on social media companies like Twitter. Actually regulating them in any meaningful capacity can’t be done without an act of Congress, which he is highly unlikely to get.
Background Pony #1F81
There is a lot of rioting and protesting going on in Minneapolis in protest of the death of George Floyd.

Buildings have been burnt down and various stores have been vandalised and looted.  
full  
full  
full  
full  
full
Background Pony #6180
@Zincy  
I’m not talking about eroding 230, I’m talking about instead him leaving Twitter and going someplace else.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@kleptomage  
There’s a good chance most of the rioters and looters had nothing to do with the protests and weren’t even from the city and were just looking for trouble. It happened to Ferguson
vit
The End wasn't The End - For those that found a new home

@Kiryu-Chan  
There’s also a good chance that certain peoples and groups will deliberately conflate the protestors and the rioters/looters as one and the same so they can delegitmize the protest for not being absolutely perfect and dismiss the issue of police brutality and portray riots and looting as a sort of “natural state” of black people.
Background Pony #6180
@vit  
Let’s be honest here, that happens with every protest ever. Hell that happened with the coronavirus protests. It’s easier to just to assume everyone you disagree with is the worst.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide