Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Also, let it be known, John Denver spent very little time there. I’ve always wondered why he sang about it.

Ah, so “Take Me Home, Country Roads” is basically to him what “Africa” was to Toto, where they wrote the song with little knowledge of the place it was written about?  
I am really glad I’ve never read the series. I’m pretty sure that made my brain itch.

Hell, I haven’t even read the series. I just saw the David Lynch movie version. That makes your brain hurt.

Like, even if you have no knowledge of the series whatsoever, just watching the movie, it becomes abundantly clear that they had to take a rather large novel and condense it down. No wonder Lynch wanted his name taken off the project.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

He was born in Roswell, New Mexico, and spent most of his time in the midwest. But he did travel out this way.

So, more like CCR and Louisiana than Toto and Africa.

I knew a bit about Dune from Fandom Osmosis with Warhammer 40k, that barrows rather heavily from some elements of Dune, such as navigators, techno-heresy, super human God Emperors, etc. But I had no idea just how absurdly deep the mythos is.
newsketches
Artist -

How would they survive for generations? They’d all spread polio and/or measles to each other and die out, especially from being on a isolated island without proper medical care.

I was going to use the amish as an example but it turns out, amish people vaccinate their kids. Imagine being shown up by the people who think computers are sinful
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Angrybrony  
Speaking as someone who performs what could easily be described as “faith healing”; no.

GOSH no.

I mean - I am clergy and literally get paid to “heal people by talking to spirits” and I and everyone I work with thinks anti-vaxxers are the fucking worse.

For me, there’s a war on this planet that’s been going on for millennia - us critters versus diseases. At some point, this planet is either going to be safe for us (thank you science and modern medicine) or it’s going to be a bunch of dead humans and hungry diseases looking for the next food source.

And if you don’t take vaccines, then you’re on the diseases’ side. You’re literally making your body available to diseases as a weapon against the rest of us.

Anyone fighting on behalf of things like measles, polio, smallpox, diphtheria, tetanus - things that vaccinations have a reasonable chance to eradicate - those people are the enemy. It’s not ok to want to be a carrier for that shit.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@newsketches  
Amish people are pretty nice. Sure, they hate modern tech but at least they’re not going around, preaching on how bad it is to other people and stopping them from using it by force.
Terton
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Barghest Best Girl
@Derpy Whooves

My dad caught polio when he was a kid. This was just when the vaccine was just being rolled out too, though he didn’t get it in time (my grandfather got the vaccine first because he was military I’m told, but he was a carrier so it infected my dad). While he did survive it, the things he told me it did to him were nasty. Almost a year in an iron lung keeping him alive, losing the ability to walk and having to relearn, which in turn forced him to wear leg and spine braces for as long as that took. And the effects of that wound up plaguing him later in his life, too.

Polio; and any other easily preventable disease, is not something any parent should be willing to put their child through. Its straight up child abuse if you ask me.
ElderD

@Scrabbleman  
Before my parents had me, they knew an Amish family. I learned from them that while the Amish see technology as too secular for them, they aren’t completely adverse to using it. They’ve sometimes came to my parent’s house use the washing machine. They had a single landline phone in their community for business purposes. My dad even told me that he once saw they had a one-cylinder gas motor, which had an exhaust pipe that went out several feet before going deep underground to eliminate noise.

I think their traditional way of living is because of their interpretation of living in the world, but not being a part of it.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
The department of interior is moving to restrict public information requests.

Trump’s government continues to “fight for democracy” ea?

What ever happened to our local tempest in a teapot btw. Haven’t seen him since I went off on him.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide