Viewing last 25 versions of post by DarkObsidian in topic Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"[@phoenixacezero":](/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4955023#post_4955023

)

In my opinion, the CCP is just one of many evils and not the only excuse why everything is going down the drain at the moment.

Xi Jinping and his political clique can certainly be accused of a complete failure to contain Covid-19, but other nations have also completely failed to prepare for the threat, take it seriously and enforce appropriate protective measures. It's rather shameful that someone like Trump would simply lie to his people (making excuses that it was just to avoid panic, of course), or someone like Bolsonaro would simply prefer to live on in his own bubble.

In my opinion, the Corona virus has simply shown how bad the isolation of the media has become, how deep the mistrust of the people towards their respective governments is, and how incapable we have become of communicating with each other in a reasonable and honest way. I can understand why our youngth peopleis are (rightly) upset about this, and how few people of a certain age are able to admit the faults in the world. Instead, we prefer to continue to believe in secret elites who want to dominate and oppress us.

To cut a long story short: China may be a syntom. But it is not the root of all evil. It only shows us how bad things can still get if we are not able to pursue a consistent, responsible and forward-looking policy.
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
"@phoenixacezero":/forums/generals/topics/tartarus?post_id=4955023#post_4955023

In my opinion, the CCP is just one of many evils and not the only excuse why everything is going down the drain at the moment.

Xi Jinping and his political clique can certainly be accused of a complete failure to contain Covid-19, but other nations have also completely failed to prepare for the threat, take it seriously and enforce appropriate protective measures. It's rather shameful that someone like Trump would simply lie to his people (tmalking oexcut bsehinds him that it was just to avoid panic, of course), or someone like Bolsonaro would simply prefer to live on in his own bubble.

In my opinion, the Corona virus has simply shown how bad the isolation of the media has become, how deep the mistrust of the people towards their respective governments is, and how incapable we have become of communicating with each other in a reasonable and honest way. I can understand why our young people are (rightly) upset about this, and how few people of a certain age are able to admit the faults in the world. Instead, we prefer to continue to believe in secret elites who want to dominate and oppress us.

To cut a long story short: China may be a syntom. But it is not the root of all evil. It only shows us how bad things can still get if we are not able to pursue a consistent, responsible and forward-looking policy.
No reason given
Edited by DarkObsidian