Viewing last 25 versions of post by pippalicious in topic Sonic Discussion

pippalicious

#1 Pipp Fan/Roleplayer
[@FerrumFlos1st](/forums/generals/topics/sonic-discussion?post_id=5297977#post_5297977)

It has to do with many things. How G5 is written. Look, I love G5, and I respect it, but I admit some things can drive the bronies away from watching it, especially the biggest amount of them that are still stuck to the nostalgia of g4. I also think a big reason why g4 became so big, it was because it was created by someone with a big name already. Lauren Faust, wife of Craig McCracken, the creator of the Powerpuff Girls.

Lauren Faust did a revolutionary work with just two seasons. It changed MLP for everyone. It stuck out amongst the other girly shows and the past generations because it defied the stereotypes. G4 left a greeeeat path, and it's something hard to replace.

G5 is great, and going on nicely, but it's being overshadowed by its predecessor. A big thing that affects it is being connected to G4 too.

G5's marketing was **weird** too. I've been here since the movie, and I remember having to wait so long for... a special? (HELL, we received *crumbs* for months! And those were the Instagram posts. Yep, not much toys, not anything. It was bad in my opinion.) Which said special now it's like the first Chapter of the show? But then the second Chapter is 8 episodes (as of late) We don't even know how this series is divided, because we aren't hearing such things as seasons. Then there's the external media too as TYT, and while these aren't necessary to watch, they kinda are in the aspect of yourself asking things like: *"oh, where did Zipp get this?" "oh, she got it from episode (insert ep number here) in Tell your Tale" "What? That webseries I rejected watching because of the ugly art style?"*

Continuing from this, a huge thing that affects exposure is the streaming service format. And I'll always stand by this... Especially for animated shows, it's for the best for episodes to be released weekly. It lets fans to talk and spread the word about the episode for a week, spoilers are EVERYWHERE and you're basically being fed content until the next episode appears. That's also why Euphoria as a series became so popular. It decided to remain classic with the scheduling of episodes in their streaming format, making everyone talk about it, even your grandma!

Whilst with binge-watching, you watch them all in one go, you see a few posts but the fever dies down the same way it's always been... A week. And this just makes an abrupt stop of discussion for people that aren't really in the fandom.
No reason given
Edited by pippalicious