Viewing last 25 versions of post by Dustcan in topic Miraculous Ladybug General [SFW, No Explicit/Grimdark]

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
"[@Latecomer":](/forums/generals/topics/miraculous-ladybug-general-sfw-no-explicitgrimdark?post_id=5054135#post_5054135

)

I'm not sure how hard-fast these rules are, but from what I gathered:

1) We've only seen Plagg use his Cataclysm on a far greater and casual scale than Cat Noir, but I think it's safe to say that all kwamis are capable of using their powers without a host.

Kwami are personifications of concepts, and miraculouses were created later to allow them to bond to human partners.

2) We've seen Plagg and Tikki fly across Paris without so much as telling Adrien or Marinette, and by extension one of the Peacock's sentimonsters was preserved in a whole other nation for hundreds of years, so I assume there's not really a limit on distance. I think a few episodes had Tikki and Plagg needing to reunite with their owners before they transform even if Marinette and Adrien already had their miraculouses, so I guess there is a need for proximity to trigger a transformation.

3) Not really either way. There's definitely a geas preventing them from saying it out loud when someone can hear it, but none of them has tried to disobey or skirt around that limitation to test the limits. For what it's worth Plagg has gotten pretty coy about admitting that Marinette is Ladybug _*just_* out of earshot of Adrien, and Tikki has dropped some _*very_* obtuse hints directly to Marinette when the latter is gushing about Adrien at the expense of Cat Noir that they are one and the same, so I don't think there's anything preventing indirectly revealing identities. The kwami are just respecting the rules.

4) I'm guessing there isn't. Master Fu made a big deal about Hawk Moth experimenting with his powers, and I would suspect Nooroo wouldn't have had a problem explaining some of the more esoteric uses of his ability, so I imagine it's mostly up to the kwami's discretion. On the other hand Liiri did blurt out how her power worked right to Gabriel, but it's not clear if she had no choice or if despite her visible fear of him she still thought it worth while to tell her prospective new owner.

5) The third season finale heavily leans toward no. Chloe tried to force several kwami to transform her, but everyone of them refused on account of (amongst other reasons) she didn't know their names. So it seems you do need to know their names and activation command.
No reason given
Edited by Dustcan