Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
“Luigi’s Mansion” for 3DS is part of the discount E3 Eshop sale, and while others may not care about 3DS anymore, I still enjoy mine, so I got it for the 40% discount.  
It’s pretty good, the gallery area is improved, and is more spacious, but they oddly got rid of the creepy angel statues. (The ones that move when you tap them.) I wonder why.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@northern haste  
Gooigi’s actually not a new feature, he’s from the recent Luigi’s Mansion 1 3DS remake, which I recently got.

Gatta admit, I’m looking forward to Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
full  
full  
full

I’m not sure but I think these power-ups would come closest to just increasing all of Mario’s stats. If not I think they should be.

Metal for his attack and defence  
Cape, for his speed and agility  
Fire for his magic.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I just downloaded the “Gold” release of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from the Switch EShop thanks to the huge sales going on. Looking forward to it.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
Is there any behind the scenes footage of the donkey Kong country showbecause I think I might get a good laugh at watching the actors trying to do the motion capture  
full
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@northern haste  
Not that I know of, but yeah, the animation was all motion-capture which was revolutionary for 1997, but hasn’t aged well. Nowadays, motion-capture is considered a cheap/crumby form of 3D animation. Pixar even brags about not using it in their end credits to their movies. Though, we forget beloved games like “Ocarina of Time” used it somewhat. So it’s not always bad.

Interestingly, the DKC cartoon is of French/Canadian orgins. It also oddly never used the term “Kremlings,” and mispronounced King K. Rool’s (Kay Rool) name as “Kuh-Rool.”  
Oddly, the DKC show was popular in Japan, (to the point it had merchandise like trading cards) and perhaps is why some Japanese fans wanted K.Rool in SSBU also.

Also, the “Donkey Kong Country” games were renamed “Super Donkey Kong” when released in Japan.  
(No, “Super” is not it’s original name, as they were made by Rareware a British company in english first, and released in english language countries before Japan. So “Country” is it’s original name.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Jarkes  
Yeah, though even today, the animation industry/fanbase kinda looks down on it still, as I said.

Interestingly, the DKC show has ties to old game cartoons. Klump the Kremling general was voiced by the late Len Carlson, whom voiced Ganon in Zelda and Captain N. Meanwhile Andrew Sabastion was both Diddy Kong, AND Yoshi in the old “Super Mario World” cartoon tie-in.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky  
@Jarkes  
I don’t know about cheap why do know it is really most questionable type of 3d animation.When they try to make it look realistic you just wondering why is it animated and not live action but when they do it cartoony they might as well just animated normally. The only fully mocap animated movie that got it right was Spielberg’s Tintin movie
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@northern haste  
Tintin was very good, (and sadly underrated) and yeah it was well done.  
“Polar Express” was pretty good too, despite being a bit more uncanny/twitchy at times.

I think the jerky movements, and such are probably why some don’t like it, but it depends on the kinda mo-cap actors, or movements they use.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide