Viewing last 25 versions of post by Turkeynomster in topic The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Turkeynomster

"[@PonyPon":](/generals/itsthinking-avoid-this-thread/post/3638955#post_3638955
)  
It's possible the idea of restoring natural harmony is related to the idea of conservation, which is then loosely connected to the philosophy of conservatism. Part of the general problem with political philosophy is that there is a constant disagreement between definitions that keeps shifting as exclusionary either right-or left wing. As a result, you can falsely define any general principle as somehow exlusionary to a single political wing, rather than a differentation of application or prioritizationes.

You could as easily redefine expulsion of "aliens" as resistance towards colonial oppression, princess recovery as women's liberation from oppression and natural harmony as anti-industrial communal primitivism. It all depends on how you frame the game mechanics, really. To be honest, the list seems to relate the idea of supporting civilization and nation -states as inhererently right-wing, so the author's definitions are definitely on the farther edges of the political spectrum.

"

[
@Archonix":](/generals/itsthinking-avoid-this-thread/post/3639104#post_3639104
)  
I don't know what it is about romanticism that is so closely related to authoritarian ideologies. I can't exactly pin-point if the romantic relation is simply a dissatisfaction with the status-quo that later on inspires revolutionary action or if it's the utopian idealism inherent in romanticism.

Either way, I don't believe the pattern is entirely coincidental.
No reason given
Edited by Turkeynomster
Turkeynomster

"@PonyPon":/generals/itsthinking-avoid-this-thread/post/3638955#post_3638955
It's possible the idea of restoring natural harmony is related to the idea of conservation, which is then loosely connected to the philosophy of conservatism. Part of the general problem with political philosophy is that there is a constant disagreement between definitions that keeps shifting as exclusionary either right-or left wing. As a result, you can falsely define any general principle as somehow exlusionary to a single political wing, rather than a differentation of application or prioritization.

You could as easily redefine expulsion of "aliens" as resistance towards colonial oppression and natural harmony as anti-industrial communal primitivism. It all depends on how you frame the game mechanics, really. To be honest, the list seems to relate the idea of supporting civilization and nation states as inhererently right-wing, so the author's definitions are definitely on the farther edges of the political spectrum.

"@Archonix":/generals/itsthinking-avoid-this-thread/post/3639104#post_3639104
I don't know what it is about romanticism that is so closely related to authoritarian ideologies. I can't exactly pin-point if the romantic relation is simply a dissatisfaction with the status-quo that later on inspires revolutionary action or if it's the utopian idealism inherent in romanticism.

Either way, I don't believe the pattern is entirely coincidental.
No reason given
Edited by Turkeynomster