General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

I mean, it’s probably because he’s a legit piece of shit who thinks a girl who invites a guy into her bed is a nympho and is willing to ask someone he suspects in trans if they have a dick. That’s probably why people hate him.

He’s not a tragic character like Kaguya. He’s just garbage.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@dt  
>Kaguya makes death treats to Ishigami or in general cause him to be traumatized - fine, best girl in show  
>Ishigami says bad words about Kaguya - complete monster, worst character
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@DeathCloud  
I don’t think it’s equivalent. Ishigami’s “trauma” is brought on by his own biases, mistakes, and his unwillingness to learn from his mistakes.

Kaguya has her own biases as well, brought on by her upbringing. But she’s willing to challenge these biases, at least sometimes. She’s willing to befriend Chika. She’s willing to help Ishigami, even knowing what people will say about her. She’s willing to be with Miyuki even with everyone and everything is telling her she’s wrong to have those feelings. She’s willing to go outside the path laid down for her (i.e. the bike ep).

Ishigami is not willing to do any of that. He doesn’t care to improve on his own. He’s doesn’t care to have his predispositions challenged, and when they are, he literally cries and goes home instead of learning from his mistakes. Ishigami was “traumatized” by Kaguya and Chika, but he also doesn’t care to understand them.

Also, Kaguya is in the right, sometimes. Of course, she’s wrong to look down on people, and to make insane assumptions about how people think. (Equating offering someone a ride to a confession of love is fucking crazy.) But she should want to help Ishigami, she’s right to want to be intimate with a guy she’s madly in love with, despite what people say. Ishigami is just plain Wrong about his assumptions about the people around him.

Ishagami doesn’t have that other side to him like Kaguya has shown, at least not that we’ve seen. I think people see themselves in him and assume there’s more to the character (because there’s more to them than that). But we haven’t seen that yet. As of what’s been shown in the anime, there’s no misunderstanding there. Ishigami is wrong about a lot of people, people aren’t wrong about him. That’s why he’s not a tragic character.

@Holofan4life  
full

Frankly, Holo-sama, I don’t think you appreciate how serious some of Kaguya-sama’s idea are. There’s plenty of grown men who never grow out of Ishigami’s phase. The idea drilled into Kaguya (that you shouldn’t be emotionally available) done to kids in real life, does not lead not being able to confess. It leads to suicides, and murders. It’s a very debilitating mentality that takes years to fix, if ever.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t have these very real, very serious ideas and then not expect your audience to take them seriously.

@Holofan4life  
No, this is good. Differences of opinion are important, and healthy. We can’t just have circle-jerk threads all the time, like in reddit and twitter.

C’mon, defend your boy.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@dt  
Well, I feel what Ishigami says isn’t supposed to be taken seriously seeing as how it’s a comedy. He’s a gaming otaku who wants to die. To me, he’s the funniest character in the show.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Holofan4life  
Well, that’s a small part of the character. Let’s try to look at the whole thing.

It’s not wrong to hold these highly popular, critically acclaimed show to high standards.
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
Kemurikusa Ep 11:…Hold the phone…Wakaba is an alien?! It does explain how he is capable of using the Kemurikusa, and Riri, the last living human, was the one responsible for the Red Tree, as well as the one who wrote the last entry on a mission to save Wakaba.

Talk about dropping a bombshell.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@dt  
Yes it’s not equivalent. Ishigami switches from his typical emo mode to rant mode where he lose any ability to hold back words no matter how dumb those are and how it will bring him to bite him in ass later. While Kaguya behave way she would deserve restraining order. But it’s ok because she is girl, she can jokely give death treats or drags guyinto bed against his wish (imagine if genders were reversed, if Shirogane was delirious pulled Kaguya into bed, calling him much worse and harsh words Kaguya was would be more desired action). All that fine, Ishigami in his stream of insults calls girl a whore - irredeemable monster.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

⌜Ω⌟
It is normal when physical mangas remove, cut scenes or not showing half of a panel?

I am asking because I bought the first manga of One Punch Man, and some content was removed from the book, or there are panels that were cut off. Specially those scenes like this ones:

full

full
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@DeathCloud  
Okay, I found the scene where she threatens Ishigami. You have a point there, I’ll concede that.

And I didn’t say he was irredeemable. My handle is dt, one of my favorite characters from last season was Akane, my favorite character from this season is Reigen. I very much believe in redemption stories. I’d like to see Ishigami get proper development, but he’s not there yet.

But I will take back what I said. Ishigami is not garbage. He needs a role-model.

This is something I’ve talked about when I picked this show back up. There’s no one around to tell these kids how wrong they are about all of these things. They have to figure it out on their own. At this point, I think Kaguya is the furthest ahead of them (except maybe Hayasaka), which is why I’ve grown to like her the best, not because I think she’s perfect.

I assume you mean the scene where Kaguya was sick and pulled Miyuki into her bed? If the situation was reversed, I think it wouldn’t be that different. Kaguya would want to do something, but she believes she isn’t allowed to act on her feelings, so she wouldn’t do anything. Assuming Miyuki doesn’t do anything either, the result would be the same.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@dt  
*drags  
And death treats I mean many interactions Kaguya had with Ishigami, especially “next time this knife will be real”
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Holofan4life  
Soon, probably. I’m going to have surgery soon-ish (hopefully), so that should be a lot more free time. Honestly, the premise doesn’t excite me, but if getting those comparisons, I should try it.

Need to watch Mirai, too.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
Personally I dont have problem with with Kaguyasama characters being assholes, it works for story like this. It’s entertaining and funny to have most characters (even Chika) to be asshole in some way or in some moments. But singling out Ishigami alone for being mean is issue I have.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Slime up to ep 16. I got to meet the Milim now. She’s alright. I support her in her war against pants.

I feel like this is paced a bit too quickly now. They just speed through the town-building stuff, and I wouldn’t have minded more time on that.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@dt  
This is not as bad as near end of season when they start skiping arcs to get anime to specific desired point

(I agree town building is best part of it)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide